overheating problem

FalconSS

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
1,297
heres my setup

IC7-G max2
2.8c running stock at the moment
1GB cosair XMS cas 2
ATI RADEON X850pro (recently upgraded from 9800pro)

ok heres my problem... ever since I upgraded my video card my processor has begun to seriously overheat... I think that the 9800pro was bottlenecking it so now my processor is bottlenecking. my temps have even hit 70 degrees ( thank god for the shutdown temp in the BIOS!) I have a a thermaltake all copper heatsink with arctic silver 5 but running the stock fan...( my thermaltake fan blew up...don't ask...) the heatsink is getting really really hot to the touch so I know its doing its job... my question is what can I do for really cheap (or free) to help my cooling out?

EDIT: I have a xaser 3 case with 7 case fans but it still gets a little warm in there so I usually Have the side off with the 2 side fans tilted a little towards the side of the heatsink... I was getting better temps that way.
 
I suggest that you get a different heatsink thats more capable of disipating the heat. That and make sure that your fans are running in a logical order, not like all fans blowing in, have it so that your moving air accross your heatsink and such.
 
If you already didn't know, keep the side on, that destroys the airflow in the case.
 
Back
Top