Overcloking A64 3400

tehandydumke

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
255
How high can you get these on air?

with corsair xms pc3200 pro something

Hmmmmm what else does he have.

Oh well I'll say more once somebody asks me a question.
 
I'd say 2500 to 2550 Mhz on air with the retail hsf.....if a working agp/pci bus LOCK is put in place via bios update it would get three times as many sales. IMO.

With a VapoChill or water based cooling a bit more.
 
yea, gonna have to wait for the next set of motherboards before there is a pci lock. the agp lock is ready on the nforce boards and the shuttle actually has it working.
 
I'd say 2.4-2.5 on air should be expected if you get a willing motherboard. Most motherboards only offer 1.7v vcore max so that is most likely what would hold you back. My A64 3000+ will boot at 2550, but only runs truely stable at 2450 @ 1.68v. I am now watercooled, but it did not make much of a difference on my overclock, just dropped my temps a bunch over the stock air cooler.
 
Back
Top