• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Overclocking the Abit IS7-E

Papa Smurf

n00b
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
19
My friend has the Abit IS7-E Intel board. We just put some new fans and mounted the Thermalright SLK947U with a 92mm Panaflo on his processor. His system is running extremely cool. First off, even if I barely overclock the thing, it will not recognize his SATA drives. What's up with that? Also, before I realized that it was not recognizing the drives, I could only overclock the FSB to 215 when I KNOW it can go higher from other people's clocks. What do you guys think I should do?
 
Make sure your AGP/PCi is lock to 66/33

Drop your ram fsb and timing to the lowest.
Overclock the cpu to the highest.
Increase ram fsb to max stable.
Tight your ram timings to max possible stable.

Stable test the computer.
 
I'm using Geil Ultra Series PC-3500, but still, is this going to help the fact that it is not detecting my drives when I overclock.
 
Originally posted by Papa Smurf
I'm not sure...I think it may just be set to Auto.

That's probably your problem, lock it to 66/33 and your drives shouldn't disappear.
 
change the agp/pci frequency setting in from auto to specified value or something like that, it should default to 66/33
 
Originally posted by helsyeah
change the agp/pci frequency setting in from auto to specified value or something like that, it should default to 66/33

Thats right.
 
Originally posted by Papa Smurf
Well, that worked. The 2.6 is now running at a nice 3.2 now. Thanks for the help.

Nice overclock. My 2.6C is also running at 3.2. :)
 
Back
Top