LoserXLeet
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Dec 16, 2005
- Messages
- 173
Hello everyone!
I have built about 6 PC's in the last 3 years, so I'm not a complete noob as hardware goes, but I have no clue how to overclock or what's involved/needed.
Here's my situation. I want to buy a new rig in the next 1-3 months, and I have a basic idea of what I want. Because of a budget of around $1200, however, I'm thinking about buying a Venice CPU (3000+) and overclocking it (I hear they perform around an fx-55 after OC). My problem, though, is that I don't know what special hardware/cooling I need to attain that. This rig will hopefully supply great gaming for the next few years.
If anyone could link me to, or explain to me IN DETAIL (seriously, I'm an idiot) how to overclock, and what I need to overclock the venice (and if the venice 3000+ is the right choice), I would GREATLY appreciate it.
Thanks for reading!!!!
I have built about 6 PC's in the last 3 years, so I'm not a complete noob as hardware goes, but I have no clue how to overclock or what's involved/needed.
Here's my situation. I want to buy a new rig in the next 1-3 months, and I have a basic idea of what I want. Because of a budget of around $1200, however, I'm thinking about buying a Venice CPU (3000+) and overclocking it (I hear they perform around an fx-55 after OC). My problem, though, is that I don't know what special hardware/cooling I need to attain that. This rig will hopefully supply great gaming for the next few years.
If anyone could link me to, or explain to me IN DETAIL (seriously, I'm an idiot) how to overclock, and what I need to overclock the venice (and if the venice 3000+ is the right choice), I would GREATLY appreciate it.
Thanks for reading!!!!