Overclocking my E8500 help!

Thorn2008

n00b
Joined
Apr 26, 2008
Messages
18
My specs are in my sig but I was looking at overclocking my CPU to 3.6 and want it to be stable! My question to you guys is am I better off leaving the Multiplier at 9.5 and just upping the FSB to achieve 3.6? What would I need to set the FSB at to achieve this? Will I need to up my Vcore to achieve a 3.6 overclock?

I am also running Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 memory, if I up the FSB this will automatically increase the speed of my DDR2 memory too right? I am not sure if my Corsair ram will take the extra speed without adjustments. Sorry to sound noob but I haven't overclocked since running my AMD64 X2 4400 system.

Any help would be appreciated!
 
There is a sticky at the top of this forum that tells you how to OC the C2D. Anyway, up the FSB and if your ram can't do it then put a divider on the ram so it can do it.
 
yeah I got an E8400 and I can OC to 3.6GHz just by upping the FSB.

just up the FSB to make it run at 3.6Ghz and make the memory run at 1:1 or something, you might want to down clock your RAM a bit for the OC........
 
Back
Top