Overclocking my 2.6c HELP please

hogwild

n00b
I need help because im doing something wrong obviously... I have a p4 2.6c and i have an msi 875pe mobo and of course i just HAD to get pc 3200 ram...so now im trying to get this thing to go faster and all ive been able to do is raise the fsb up to 215 and then i just bsod out of life.... Ive overclocked bfore but on much older systems. Does someone know what they are doing?

your setup is very similar to mine....but i would suggest visiting the MSI forums, they can help you out.

i know the abit forums are very helpful as well when it comes to specific overclocking

www.abit-usa.com

but i'm sure there are millions of people here that can help, but its just so much typing to tell you what you can do. its probably been posted 100 times, but the search function doesnt work. i would hit up the abit forum and get some pointers there, it will take less time.

Have you locked your agp/pci? Also, change the ram ratio to 5:4. Raise your vcore voltage a little and see if you can go higher with the fsb.

I have raised the vcore and then tried to raise my fsb to 230 and it still wont even boot, i do not know how to "lock" my agp/pci, however i noticed as you raise your fsb the agp increases so i just ended up raising the fsb and then lowering the agp/pci back to normal... oh ya, did i mention i still need help.

Their should be an option to lock your pci/agp bus in the BIOS. You need to do that before going on with your overclock.

Back