Well, It's been some 5 years and I built the rig in my sig thanks to the help of everyone here on the [H], and my last system has taken a back seat for the past 2 and a half months.
It was an old P4 2.4 socket 478, with just some generic ram (A Xerox 512 mb stick and a Micron 512 stick, PC2100, 133 MHz stuff), an Asus P4B-533E MB, ATi 9700 Pro vid card, etc.
Well with my new found overclocking knowledge I've brought some new life into the ol' bird!
I'm pretty amazed, the processor has hit 2.7 without any hint of being stressed at all. The crappy memory has hit 155 before showing signs of being stressed, and the best of all is that old Radeon 9700 pro. I slapped a Zalman VF700 on it that I had laying here, and it went from Stock 324/310 to 370/340 (core/mem)!! It just barely started showing artifacts with the memory at 344 ish.
I'm just bored here and thought I would post some fun results with messing with older systems. I have another old PIII 800 here that I'm curious what it could do
I know this P4 could go higher if it werent fot this horrible memory. grrr....
It was an old P4 2.4 socket 478, with just some generic ram (A Xerox 512 mb stick and a Micron 512 stick, PC2100, 133 MHz stuff), an Asus P4B-533E MB, ATi 9700 Pro vid card, etc.
Well with my new found overclocking knowledge I've brought some new life into the ol' bird!
I'm pretty amazed, the processor has hit 2.7 without any hint of being stressed at all. The crappy memory has hit 155 before showing signs of being stressed, and the best of all is that old Radeon 9700 pro. I slapped a Zalman VF700 on it that I had laying here, and it went from Stock 324/310 to 370/340 (core/mem)!! It just barely started showing artifacts with the memory at 344 ish.
I'm just bored here and thought I would post some fun results with messing with older systems. I have another old PIII 800 here that I'm curious what it could do
I know this P4 could go higher if it werent fot this horrible memory. grrr....