Outlook Email Duplication

Sovereign

2[H]4U
I have three email accounts that I use with Outlook 2007 (BCM). Each account's mail is forwarded to a folder, rather than the Inbox (my inbox is actually empty and usually remains that way). However, I have a problem. My boss at work sends me emails which I filter into a "Boss Emails" folder. However, these emails are addressed to my school email, so they end up in both the "Boss Emails" folder and the "School Email" folder. The "Boss Emails" folder is a sub-folder of "School Emails" but I don't want the duplication.

Different example, same problem: I have all emails from Amazon/eBay/NewEgg in a "Legitimate Business Emails" folder, but those emails generally point to my Gmail account. So the emails end up in two places. And this time, the "Legitimate Business Folder" is not a sub-folder of the "Gmail Email" folder.

What can I do to get rid of the duplication? I've tried reordering rules, but that does nothing.

you can use the except part in the rules

move emails through account A into folder School email except where address = :"bosses email"

tools / rules an alerts

choose

through the specific account
next
move it to the specified folder
next
except if from people or distribution lists

then have the rule that moves the boss email to the bosses folder.

What about when there are multiple exceptions (move to Gmail folder except when it is NewEgg, Facebook, Amazon etc) and there are multiple other places that those emails belong in?

Back