outlook 2003 issue with contact list

magik20

[H]ard|Gawd
for some reason im having issues with users sending a email to a "distribution" list in 2003 in a 2007 exchange enviroment.

For some users, they are able to right click on a contact list, and hit send message to contact.

Since that "contact" is a bunch of email's in a list, they get a "+" sign in the send to area.

for a very few select others, they do not.

Im attaching a picture of the users who DO NOT get the + sign.

If theres no "+"sign, then outlook doesnt send a message to the contact users...

http://www.2shared.com/file/7534591/d64e34a9/email_problem.html

I assume those distribution lists are local so so go in Account Settings and use the Add Address book option and add the outlook or personal address book (its called something like this)

I assume those distribution lists are local so so go in Account Settings and use the Add Address book option and add the outlook or personal address book (its called something like this)

acutally these lists are in exchange shared among all the users.... does that change the fix?

It looks to me like the client just can't resolve the name. If you browse your exchange address book, do you see the group? Can you even browse the directory?

acutally these lists are in exchange shared among all the users.... does that change the fix?

well when i ran into this exact issue, outlook could use the distribution lists on the exchange server but not the local ones so i had to add them....perhaps in your case it's the opposite...similarly see if you can add the server side address book in outlook

sorry for not using the exact terms, I'm going from memory, when i get back to work I can fire up my outlook client (on exchange)....bummer i don't get vpn access

In outlook 2007:

Tools > Account Settings > Address Books (tab) > Outlook Address Book > click change and in the window that opens see if you have Contacts: Mailbox - User name

i need to find a station with 2003 and I'll post details for it too

Back