Outlook 2000 + Vista Business (x86)

vage

2[H]4U
Ok so I just installed Vista Business on my work computer as a dual boot. At work, my boss refuses to move us to anything besides office 2000, so lets just get that out of the way right now, its not going to change.

So everything installed and works just great, exactly as I would want it to. However, when I close outlook down and then try to open it later, I get a window that asks me to setup Outlook again. If I click through the windows eventually it will say that I alreayd ahve a version installed and lets me use it, but then it asks me if I want to use it as my default mail client every time. Basically, I don't know why it won't recognize that I have Outlook installed. Does anyone else have this problem?

*sigh* nevermind I'm an idiot. Here is the answer for anyone that searches and finds this thread:

Because everything that you want to stick has to be run as administrator, when you try to run outlook for the first time it asks you to install and all that other stuff. But because you are not running it as administrator, it doesn't have permission to keep those settings. So the next time its going to ask you again. If you run it as administrator, go through all the bullshit about install and making it the default, then run it as normal, there should be no problems.

Back