OT: How to ship static sensative items?

S0mE0nEsMiNd1

Limp Gawd
Hi guys, soon im going to start parting out a computer I bought and selling items from it...However... I have no clue how you send items that are sensitive to static without an anti-static bag.

like computer paper? How about bubble wrap? complete description would be greatly appreciated.

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:
like computer paper? How about bubble wrap? complete description would be greatly appreciated.

ya notebook paper would work like if shippinf ram or a harddrive just wrap it like a xmas present.

The best way is with an antistatic bag and a descent amount of padding.

five-by-five said:
The best way is with an antistatic bag and a descent amount of padding.

Captain Obvious Stikes Again.

Now question was if you dont have antistatic bags.

Thanks ruckus, hopefully some people here can read. I mean, its not like you can go down to wal-mart and ask for anti-static bags right? I mean if theres a place i can buy some locally, that would be fine, but also, is there any way to ship them without an anti-static bag?

...some local mom and pop computer stores will give you some or maybe charge you a small fee. I have picked up some from a Best Computer USA on Fry Rd. just north of I-10 before...

Doesn't USPS carry anti-static bags in case you need em? I remember I got some RAM in a USPS labeled one.

I'm sure you can go to any store that works on computers and either they'll have a bunch - or they'll set them aside for you in the future.

Tin Foil is not exactly safe. What you want is non electrically conductive, but static dissipative.

Just get some anti-static bags form somewhere or buy some online.

Best bet is to wlays keep your old antstatic bags. Especially motherboard sized bags...those fit everything.

Back