optical or not?

lee0539

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 17, 2001
Messages
1,829
I have optical audio on my abit IC7 motherboard... is that better then the regular audio jack on my soundblaster live? is the IC7 motherboard audio even better then my soundblaster live? planning on getting a cheap Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speaker System but not sure if i should get a better one with optical or stick with 640 since the onboard optical isn't better then the soundblaster
 
it all depends on weather you can hear the differance......

or if you get mad interfernce.

or to save on a few proc. cycles.....


im happy with optical, grreat for dvd's etc... dont ahve to have a pants decoder do it instead ill have my yamaha do that :D
 
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but audio is analog in the beginning, so I would say stick with analog.

'course this is where we start to talk about DACs.
 
Back
Top