Optical Drive Covers

Lord Chambers

Weaksauce
Does anyone know a place where I could buy drive covers for a DVD burner I have? A friend bought it for me, but it only has a white cover, and my case is black. I looked on the manufacturer's site and they don't appear to sell black covers. Glancing at Newegg I don't see any generic covers for sell either.

I don't really want to stealth it, and I once tried "painting" a floppy drive with a a black sharpie but I got sub-optimal results.

Lord Chambers said:
I don't really want to stealth it, and I once tried "painting" a floppy drive with a a black sharpie but I got sub-optimal results.

you should paint it with vinyl dye or krylon fusion. and not with a sharpie ;)
and stealth'ing would look best IMO.

what they said, if your doing a floppy drive, take the drive face off, and use something on the inside to hold the door open, and some tape to cover the led window (or take it out if you can) give it a light coat, let sit and give it another, then after a while, come back, and flip it do do the door, while the door is in the open position, then it should look damn good.

If you need a "drive cover" look for an old case, and pull the bay blanks out, and use those just snap the little clips off.

good luck and happy modding

Lord Chambers said:
Thanks for the suggestion. It looks great, although a bit shinier than the drive next to it.
paint that drive as well then they will match :D

Coolmaster makes them in silver and black if you're still searching for a cover.

Unless you mean you want to replace the bezel itself, then no clue.

Back