Opinions on Eizo S2000

Namelessme

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
1,161
I have been considering picking up a used S2000, but was wondering if any users of said model had any opinions on it. Do you think it's worth getting an older model like this, if it's relatively inexpensive?

I believe it's a VA model, so will assume (or hope) blacks or okay. It's 4:3, which is fine with me, as I rarely play games. One concern I do have is the fact the resolution is actually a bit higher than I prefer, at 1600x1200. For dpi friendly software, that's perfectly fine, but I have some older programs that will look rather tiny at that dpi. It's basically the equivalent of a 22", 1920x1080, I think, so am wondering if text will look somewhat miniscule.

Testing on a CRT, text certainly looks tiny. But of course sharpness is much worse on a CRT. I'm curious how it compares to a Dell 2007 20" IPS, or one of the Dell 2008 24" VA models... panels from around that same time period.

I'm currently using a NEC CRT, so am thinking I may do better with a switch to a VA rather than an IPS screen at this point. An alternative option, is to get a new S24A650D (or S27), although I haven't found the former model as cheap as some here have. Cheapest I've seen for the 24"er is about $280 + tax (so say $300ish) or around $400 + tax for the 27" model. Not a ton of reviews out there on them though.
 
Back
Top