On noes Foldix problem

MaoKhan

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
109
ok so I insalled Foldix and I'm at the login screen. I type in Fold@on but when I hit @, it erases the whole name. I am able to hit shift-1 for ! but can't shift-2 for @ or -3 for #. the other symbols work, kinda weird? :(

edit: scratch that, I can't read apparently, BUT I have another problem. whenever I'm booting up, it hangs at the detecting network section. if I leave the ethernet unplugged, it goes through but when I plug it back in, it won't detect the connection. any ideas?
 
Do you have a DHCP server running? Check on your router to see if that option is enabled.

 
Hmm. Does it eventually go anywhere? What are the last few messages that you get when it's plugged in?

 
I just switched out the ethernet card with a linksys one and I was able to get past the stall. However when I run getfold, it tells me something like not valid domain, wget: *****, I try ping www.google.com and that doesn't give me anything. My experience with linux is few :\
 
im going to fire it up agian and tell you exactly what I see, I only got 1 monitor so give me a few.
 
this is what I'm getting, note that at the "getting DHCP info: eth0..." this takes a good 2-3 minutes.

determining latest FAH client
found url, retrieving
wget: not an http or ftp url
error receiving FAH client, check your internet connection.
Done retrieving FAH client!

then when I type etc/fold start, I either get permission denied or it takes me back to the prompt.
 
Ok, can you tell me what the output of "ifconfig eth0" is, and what "cat /etc/resolv.conf" shows?

 
Back
Top