Omega Drivers + ATI 850xt

Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
4
I just bought and installed an ATI 100-435601 Radeon X850XT PE 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail.

When I installed the most recent Omega Drivers - it left me with a couple pieces of Unknown Hardware - any idea what I need to install to clear that up without having to use the normal ATI Drivers?

I like the Omega ones and my previous card didn't have this "unknown driver" issue.

Thanks,

Cybergoblin
 
It's most likely be the WDM Integrated Drivers, for VIVO functions. And unless you use these functions, it's not likely to effect any of your gaming performance.
Link


Hope that helps.
 
So is it best just to leave it as an UNKNOWN in my Hardware Profile listing? For some reason I thought that might cause some issue perhaps?

-Cybergoblin
 
No, but you can download the wdm drivers by themselves from ati and not have to worry about it. I run my system the same way, omegas for the drivers with an install of the standalone wdm drivers.
 
Cybergoblin said:
So is it best just to leave it as an UNKNOWN in my Hardware Profile listing? For some reason I thought that might cause some issue perhaps?

-Cybergoblin

If you aren't using the VIVO functions of your video card, then leaving it as is would be ok. And would not hinder gaming or normal 2d performance.
 
Back
Top