Old GF3 Ti500 having major problems.

Bop

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
3,426
I've had my P4 1.7ghz box running for a couple months and I noticed how utterly abysmal my 3d performance is compared to when it was my primary system.

Last summer I ran BF 1942 smoothly at 40fps+ at 1024 max detail, now it stutters at ONE fps in some DC maps. I used to run HL at 1280x960 and never drop below 35fps except with excessive smoke. Now it goes below 30fps constantly at 800x600.

SiSoftware Sandra shows my CPU/memory are up to what they should be performing at. The real shock came to me when I ran 3d Mark 2001 SE. During the test I noticed that the point sprites were transparent, and that my score dropped three THOUSAND points, 5000 compared to 8000-8200. The nVidia drivers from 44.03-newest do not fix this.

I flashed my BIOS awhile ago to try to fix my computer taking 5 mins to get into windows and to allow my card to install drivers past 44.03, it fixed both those problems but I guess after flashing the BIOS my performance problems began.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?
 
Try the 41.09 drivers. They were the best performing gf3 drivers i have ever used. They were also quite stable.
 
I'll give those a try but I'm not having high hopes. I reflashed my BIOS again, hopefully that will fix it...


UPDATE: Neither worked, I'm assuming the card is hosed. Damn guess my friends who come over will have to stick to play old games with poor fps lol.

UPDATE 2: I bought a 430 watt power supply for my 2500+ and put my old 350w power supply in my P4/GF3 Ti500 rig and BOOM, it works perfectly now! That old 250w PSU must've not been giving enough power to the card.
 
Back
Top