Okay What is this ? The ATTO ExpressPCI FC 3300 2-Gigabit optical Fibre Channel host

Leo`

Limp Gawd
EPCI3300.jpg

I got it @ a yard sale with a bunch of other junk. I ran a diagnostics and it works fine . I don't know what it is or have seen anything like this. The bundle of wires and cards cost me 7$ and I think it's worth more than that :p

The ATTO ExpressPCI FC 3300 2-Gigabit optical Fibre Channel host adapter delivers 200 MB/sec. performance and is versatile enough to transfer
high-bandwidth data across distances up to 500 meters using any of the standard Fibre Channel topologies. With ATTO's advanced FC features such as the SNIA API, LUN Masking and Target Mode, the fiber optic ExpressPCI FC 3300 offers more performance and versatility for the money than other comparable products.delivers 200 MB/sec. performance and is versatile enough to transfer
high-bandwidth data across distances up to 500 meters using any of the standard Fibre Channel topologies. With ATTO's advanced FC features such as the SNIA API, LUN Masking and Target Mode, the fiber optic ExpressPCI FC 3300 offers more performance and versatility for the money than other comparable products.

Dont think its worth much more than you paid tbh.

It probabily cost a fortune when new but there isnt really a second hand market for fibre stuff since it isnt practical in the entusiast market and big business doesnt buy 2nd hand. Now if you could get your hands on a decent enclosure and some 300GB 15k discs then it would be pretty [H].

Well... new they sell for alot of cash.

So, it might be worth something if you can find a buyer.

Yeah, but why pay $900 when you can buy the Apple / LSI 2GB FC HBA for $499?

And as for trusting anything I'd hook up with FC to a $7 garage sale card? Um. No thanks.

It's basically a NIC card. It uses fiber instead of copper. It's kinda cool, if you have access to a fiber switch.

Yeah, but why pay $900 when you can buy the Apple / LSI 2GB FC HBA for $499?

And as for trusting anything I'd hook up with FC to a $7 garage sale card? Um. No thanks.
ATTO is notoriously expensive compared to LSI Logic.

Back