Ok fellas, I took the plunge, now I need your help!

PeteWalker74

Limp Gawd
Holy shit, it's 4:30am and I just won an auction on Ebay for a stand-alone Vapochill XE system. I think I got a pretty nice price on it, and I think the total will be about $320. So, as you can imagine, I'm excited about what is to come. This will be my first phase-change system, but I have had some experience with water cooling (although I admit that may mean absolutely nothing!). I will be purchasing an a64 3500+, but I'm still deciding on the motherboard (even though this is not the proper forum for that question, I would appreciate some feedback), and I figure probably Crucial Ballistic 3200 ram (1.5gb worth).

Forgive me, I'll get to the point. I have no idea how I should mount this sucker. Obviously, I don't care to just hack a hole in the top, and throw this on. I'd like to have something that is aesthetically pleasing. I have an Antec sx400 (I think, it's 2+ years old) right now, but I have no qualms about buying a new case.

1. I know they have the after-market boxes for the Vapochill LS', that match Lian-Li cases. Is that an option?

2. Would it be an option to install all the Vapochill hardware inside the case? Other than the video card, I don't have any peripheral cards to plug in, which would free up room at the bottom of the case.

Basically, I'm excited but at the same time concerned, and I want to rely on you guys to point me in the right direction. Any advice would be appreciated, whether it be case, motherboard, or whatever selection, not to mention any tips/tricks.

Thanks fellas. I can't wait to join the club!!

Thanks for posting man, I really appreciate that. Problem is I cancelled it, because shipping was astronomical, plus I'd have to buy a kit for the A64. I will be getting a PE which was converted to an XE from someone. Thank you again, sincerely.

peteyboy23 said:
Thanks for posting man, I really appreciate that. Problem is I cancelled it, because shipping was astronomical, plus I'd have to buy a kit for the A64. I will be getting a PE which was converted to an XE from someone. Thank you again, sincerely.
awwww!!! noooo... you could have just gotten a server case and tossed it in the top.

Oh sure, NOW you guys are posting to help my sorry ass! :D I figured I didn't get any replies = no one knew, so I cancelled it, and will be getting the whole deal soon.

peteyboy23 said:
Oh sure, NOW you guys are posting to help my sorry ass! :D I figured I didn't get any replies = no one knew, so I cancelled it, and will be getting the whole deal soon.

people drink and get lazy, shit happens ;)

Back