ok boys its time to help erf

erf

[H]ard|Gawd
as we speak my c drive is being formated.....48% done to be exact....now.......when i'm done the main thing i'm worried about is my cpu temp...what is the best way to check this. and i've heard that with hitachi hard drives the sata II option is not automatically installed (if this makes any sense, i read it on a new egg review of the hard drive i got). it's a hitachi 160gb sata 2.

i'll take some pics later, man does it normally take this long to format? jesus.

how long is this long? hd's do take a while to format.. like 3 hours for my 250gb :p
it should be sataII automatically, assuming the sata plug you plug it into supports it :D

for the cpu temp, you can almost always check this in the bios somewhere

Tazman2 said:
Quick format > u :D
foak...i almost picked it but i didn't want to screw someting up by trying to take a shortcut.

here is the review i was talking about with the hitachi hd....i'll just quote it.

http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm Good price, SATA II capable, great performance, fast delivery from Newegg, what else could you ask for? If your motherboard supports SATA II, download the Hitachi Feature Tool to enable 3 Gb/s.

edit: is there no program to download that shows cpu temps at the click of a button or something...this is 2005 mang!

Back