Oil Change? How Often?

If your talking about the 10 Gal aquarium with the oil pc in it - no fish.

If your talking about my 70 Gal Tropical tank behind it then yes there are about 14 african cichlids in there, just hiding.

Pardon the mess of that room BTW... hehe was kinda focused on making that oil pc work and not focused on making it look nice.

I'm having a hard time believing that a 90nm Athlon 64 can reach 4GHz on anything short of .. well, zero kelvin.

EDIT: 4.0GHz on Socket 939 means you double the HT base to 400MHz. Your 3x multi makes 1200MHz HT (2400MT/sec) which most chipsets don't like.

Surely you are in possession of an A8N-SLI, as there are only 366 mentions of an "ABN-SLI" on google, most of them from seemingly illiterate italians.

Also, the board stops at 400MHz FSB, so there will be no 6 GHz.

Let's see some stability testing and windows screens with cpu-z and prime95.

"Pics or Shens"

I'm having a hard time believing that a 90nm Athlon 64 can reach 4GHz on anything short of .. well, zero kelvin.

EDIT: 4.0GHz on Socket 939 means you double the HT base to 400MHz. Your 3x multi makes 1200MHz HT (2400MT/sec) which most chipsets don't like.

Surely you are in possession of an A8N-SLI, as there are only 366 mentions of an "ABN-SLI" on google, most of them from seemingly illiterate italians.

Also, the board stops at 400MHz FSB, so there will be no 6 GHz.

Let's see some stability testing and windows screens with cpu-z and prime95.

"Pics or Shens"

Theres always doubters who need educated. Will do.

First let me say : nice pics.Good work.Submersion is cool eh ?

:D

------------------------

K.

As far as the whole cost / effectiveness thing goes :

A rubbermaid bin full of oil designed to pump heat to the outside (outside being cold), is a hell of a lot different than an actual case designed to pump heat into ambient.

So the cost comparison is irrelevant.

----------------------------------

Mwarps: Hey buddy watch it , I'm part Italian :p

I won't call shens just yet.I don't know enough about the described chip/chipset etc.

However , I can tell you that theoretically , Liquid nitrogen temps (-186 c) are capable of a 400% OC .

Now this has never been proven .(I dont think) . There are computers that have been submerged in LN2 that do more than 200% tho .

I am skeptical about the results so far at the given temps , but we'll see.

-----------------

:D

Get to work INYNN.

lol someone takes their hobby to the extreme..... i like it .... need more pics!

Theres always doubters who need educated. Will do.

I'm sorry. Your CPU temp is at 25C. There is no way on god's green earth that you're running at 4GHz on a 90nm Athlon 64 at 1.55V. If somehow your temp is off, by 100 or so Celcius, there's a chance that might be happening.

If you made a typo and meant to say 3GHz, that's forgivable, and that's easily attainable at 25C.

EDIT: IT's bogus. You would be over 300MHz faster than the world record per XS for any variant of a 3200+ CPU and faster than all but one AMD CPU on the planet. Absolutely not.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59753

I'm sorry. Your CPU temp is at 25C. There is no way on god's green earth that you're running at 4GHz on a 90nm Athlon 64 at 1.55V. If somehow your temp is off, by 100 or so Celcius, there's a chance that might be happening.

If you made a typo and meant to say 3GHz, that's forgivable, and that's easily attainable at 25C.

the bios ss shows 4000MHz, but im not familiar with his motherboard, so he could have just entered 400htt and saw what the projected MHz are taking a ss of that.

I think you're missing the point. Keeping the system as a whole at an equal temperature is probably a more suitable environment for the overclock. I think this demonstration actually points out a flaw in the previous thinking in regards to this architecture... Whether you believe that it's really 4 GHz or not.

I'm curious to know more.. :)

the bios ss shows 4000MHz, but im not familiar with his motherboard, so he could have just entered 400htt and saw what the projected MHz are taking a ss of that.

Or more than likely it's an altered shot. See my revised post, follow the link.

I think you're missing the point. Keeping the system as a whole at an equal temperature is probably a more suitable environment for the overclock. I think this demonstration actually points out a flaw in the previous thinking in regards to this architecture... Whether you believe that it's really 4 GHz or not.

I'm curious to know more.. :)

No one is doubting the environment is better for an overclock. That's QED long before he did his oiltank (if it's even his). The fact that the guy is lying through his teeth is the problem.

Im familiar with xs, that's why I said I was skeptical. Skeptical is an understatement though, I was being nice.

I comprendo :)

Not only would it have to be the (third) greatest AMD CPU ever conceived, it would also have to be one of the greatest socket 939 boards to have ever existed.

Time will tell I guess, I don't see anything being faked on the surface but to be honest I don't even understand why someone would go through the effort of faking it. Makes little if any sense...

Guys, I'm sorry I have been away for a few days...

All I have to say it that this is REAL....

I'm not fucking around... To be completly honest I do NOT have XP loaded on the machine right now and CANNOT give you temps and speeds from within XP but I will get that up and running for SURE very soon.

As to proove everything you have seen thus far now I will take a higher quaility video of the entire setup and show you bios screens and temps and voltages to proove everything. I promiss that this setup is 100% legit. Im not a faker. Just someone like you whos curious to see what droping your PC in OIL can do for O/Cing!

Video will follow today after I find my better camera.

PS: I have also left this running in the bios for over 8 hours and it only climbs about 10C in temp. Still completly operational. The max I have EVER got the temp to on this rig on a warmer day is 39C after like 12 hours being turned on..

Although some of you will not believe it without me boxing everything up and shipping it to your door for your own testing I have made a little video with a better quality camera for you all to see that I’m not screwing around or anything and flipping through the bios is no problem. All you calling “shens” can blow me, I wouldn’t screw around with the [H] I just want to find a cool way to get big O/C’s and have some fun doing it!

When this video was taken you will see my temps got up to 34C--35C because I left the rig on for 8 hours for you all to see what max temps get up to.

Sure running the CPU at 100% usage in the OS will increase temps, but my cooling capacity can be increased by filling the tank up with oil the rest of the way. You will notice the tank has about 3 inches the oil level can go up. But even with 100% loads my moneys on the temps not going up more than 10c or so and still running very cool, considering the speed. Besides if heat becomes an issue there can be a better CPU cooler added but I wouldn’t waste the money on this old AMD I’ll save it for when we do a Q6600 or a new 45nm dual.

Please, no requests for time-lapse videos of it running for 12 days or anything, it’s not fake. Jesus. BUT I will have an OS loaded on it pronto for you guys and show you some screen-caps from XP and videos of it benchmarking, running, 100% usage temps, etc.

Keep checking back, Thanks for the interest everyone. Suggestions always welcome.

Video:

CPU in space might not work as well as you think it would. A Vacuum isn't very good at conducting heat.

So far no proof of system stability or usability at any clock speed, and no shots of multiplier or FSB speed. We're still waiting. Still calling shens.

I won't "blow you" either. I've reported your post. I'm sure that the admins (who have been banning people left and right in genmay) would love to see that sort of talk in the public forum.

Be a man and post some meaningful shots (CPU-Z is pretty acceptable. Use your newfangled video camera, since that it a lot harder to fudge) and post with some maturity.

So far no proof of system stability or usability at any clock speed, and no shots of multiplier or FSB speed. We're still waiting. Still calling shens.

I won't "blow you" either. I've reported your post. I'm sure that the admins (who have been banning people left and right in genmay) would love to see that sort of talk in the public forum.

Be a man and post some meaningful shots (CPU-Z is pretty acceptable. Use your newfangled video camera, since that it a lot harder to fudge) and post with some maturity.
...Geeze...

Here you go, now quit calling shens my child:

No CPU-Z yet, but that will follow soon once I get around to putting XP on its drive.

I have read that you can buy bulk mineral oil from vets that deal with horses...they use it as a laxative...it is high concentrate and non corrosive...and doesnt go bad.

I have read that you can buy bulk mineral oil from vets that deal with horses...they use it as a laxative...it is high concentrate and non corrosive...and doesnt go bad.

I heard the exact same thing. I will be going to visit the local vet soon. :)

...Geeze...

Here you go, now quit calling shens my child:

No CPU-Z yet, but that will follow soon once I get around to putting XP on its drive.

No OS, no meaningful proof.

BIOS means nothing. Dance around with your camera and claim all you want. you're not using the computer for anything other than turning it on to say "look at this awesome meaningless number!"

You can clock most everything to insane speeds in BIOS I get 400 MHz stable lower than my highest BIOS post with my main rig. You don't even try and boot it from the hard drive. Probably because it's completely unstable and useless.

You've had the claim out there for a month now, and haven't had time to throw XP on there, which with such a "fast system" should take no more than 20 minutes.

Great work.

No OS, no meaningful proof.

BIOS means nothing. Dance around with your camera and claim all you want. you're not using the computer for anything other than turning it on to say "look at this awesome meaningless number!"

You can clock most everything to insane speeds in BIOS I get 400 MHz stable lower than my highest BIOS post with my main rig. You don't even try and boot it from the hard drive. Probably because it's completely unstable and useless.

You've had the claim out there for a month now, and haven't had time to throw XP on there, which with such a "fast system" should take no more than 20 minutes.

Great work.

LOL - some people just don’t get it. :confused:

I'm done wasting my time with you mwarps. I do not have time for your immature claims of fraud. People like you ruin threads like this because you just sit in your chair pointing the finger screaming not true. You simply miss the whole point that is we are trying to have fun doing something cool and experimenting with an unconventional method of cooling. Your brain clearly does not possess the potency to imagine that something out of the norm might actually work as depicted here.

I will have XP on the system and screen/video caps of CPU-Z or something running so you can STFU.

I'm done wasting my time with you mwarps. I do not have time for your immature claims of fraud. People like you ruin threads like this because you just sit in your chair pointing the finger screaming not true. You simply miss the whole point that is we are trying to have fun doing something cool and experimenting with an unconventional method of cooling. Your brain clearly does not possess the potency to imagine that something out of the norm might actually work as depicted here.

I will have XP on the system and screen/video caps of CPU-Z or something running so you can STFU.

Until you have CPU-Z validation, you're a fraud. We dont want videos. Use the validation feature in CPU-Z.

lol good work. I don't really care if it runs stable at 4ghz or not its all about the trying it just for a laugh for me. God bless nerds, the world would be a sadder and more boring place without them and the shit they make.:D

I do not understand why after a month of having this running there is no video of XP on this machine. Hell, I will take win98 or MSDOS 6.22 at this point. Also, BIOS overclocks are always much higher than a stable CPU under load. My ass would be trying to get XP installed the day the MB was inserted into the tank. I would not be finding my camera to post meaningless shit.

That being said, this is interesting to watch. Hope you get something posted soon. Hell even if you get 3.7 stable, that is a great feat. Just post what you were able to clock this thing to under XP regardless if it is 4.0 or not.

Dude, in all honesty, I do not believe you either.

Everything you claim, albeit interesting and picture oriented, is entirely unbelievable. As in MATHEMATICALLY unbelievable.

You post speeds and settings that are absolutely TOPPING OUT/RAPING that motherboard (edit: not to mention you still have not stated what motherboard you are using) and you are expecting us to believe it on a few BIOS pictures.

Dude, I understand, overclocking is fun, but you need to understand that OCing has moved away from the old school Celeron days of just posting what you got and everyone giving you a High-Five.
OCing is serios business (lol). Nowadays people make their income on reviewing and OCing. you stand to piss a lot of people off by stealing their thunder stating your shit is 4GHz with ZERO proof. I dont think I have ever seen anyone, who was serious about OCing, NOT instantly post CPU-Z scores.

Not to mention, everything being asked of you, is so insanely easy, it begs the question "Is this guy shitting me??"

So seriously, install XP, run CPU-Z, or swallow your pride.

I'm sorry, but pics arent doing it. it's that simple.

And for what it's worth, I reported this thread too.

OK just my 2 cents this thread started out pretty cool then you guys start arguing like a bunch of little kids. And yes this is the most childish post Ive seen yet. You reported this thread. So what do you want a cookie. You sit here talking all this smack and then you start crying like a little baby. Criticism is part of moving forward. Who cares if he posted some unbelievable numbers we all know they are probably false and we don't really care! Also I corrected all you spelling errors to just to bash back a little. Have a Nice Day!!!!

Dude, in all honesty, I do not believe you either.

Everything you claim, albeit interesting and picture oriented, is entirely unbelievable. As in MATHEMATICALLY unbelievable.

You post speeds and settings that are absolutely TOPPING OUT/RAPING that motherboard (edit: not to mention you still have not stated what motherboard you are using) and you are expecting us to believe it on a few BIOS pictures.

Dude, I understand, overclocking is fun, but you need to understand that OCing has moved away from the old school Celeron days of just posting what you got and everyone giving you a High-Five.
OCing is serious business (lol). Nowadays people make their income on reviewing and OCing. you stand to piss a lot of people off by stealing their thunder stating your shit is 4GHz with ZERO proof. I dont think I have ever seen anyone, who was serious about OCing, NOT instantly post CPU-Z scores.

Not to mention, everything being asked of you, is so insanely easy, it begs the question "Is this guy shitting me??"

So seriously, install XP, run CPU-Z, or swallow your pride.

I'm sorry, but pics aren't doing it. it's that simple.

And for what it's worth, I reported this thread too.

OK just my 2 cents this thread started out pretty cool then you guys start arguing like a bunch of little kids. And yes this is the most childish post Ive seen yet. You reported this thread. So what do you want a cookie. You sit here talking all this smack and then you start crying like a little baby. Criticism is part of moving forward. Who cares if he posted some unbelievable numbers we all know they are probably false and we don't really care! Also I corrected all you spelling errors to just to bash back a little. Have a Nice Day!!!!

FWIW, your grammar isn't all that spectacular either.

First off, I'm not trying to thread bash, but what I think people are asking for is a little proof other than a camera picture of the BIOS. I could crank my Q6600 up to 5Ghz and take a nice picture of the BIOS saying such, but in reality (where most of us reside) we all know that my machine would never even make it into Windows.

Second, if you don't really care, then why are you arguing? Those that are arguing with the OP have a valid reason to do so. They want "accurate" information to, probably, make a decision of their own as to whether they want to venture down the "Oil PC" path. You see, claims without validation mean nothing.

Third, I would like to see some proof as well. I, from a former A64 3200+ owners standpoint, find it hard to swallow that it will do 4Ghz. 400x10, yes, the motherboard will go that high, but I seriously doubt it will boot into ANY operating system. What is the stepping on that proc? I had a CBBFD 0442 TPMW that was notorius for hitting 3Ghz. Beyond that the thing wouldn't POST, even though my temps were fine.

I'm just asking for screen captures of CPUz, specifically what motherboard are you using, what memory and processor stepping?

Back