Oem Athlon 64 3000+ & ECS Nforce3-A combo 129+ S\H (no rebates)

noobtech

2[H]4U
http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4811530

Almost like the sempron 3100 deal, but a little more umpphh.. Unsure whether its a venice or newcastle, but that would be sweet as pumpkin pie if it is the venice!!! yummy.

Guys, I posted the main posting wrong... this is the BOXED processor... not OEM so you get the heat sink fan too. Really good deal IMO.

***UPDATE!!! Now, $99!! - Thanks FreakyCody!

They have venice 754.. man I have been out of the cpu thing for so long.... and which card is faster now? the 7900gtx or x1900xt? lol.... :D

I am tempted on this combo, even if it's a Newcastle... at least we would know. I am sure you can still end up turning around and selling it on ebay to get your money back. I just went to check out... you can get ground for like 9.00, 2 day for 10.00 or overnight for like 13.00... not bad. When it said to submit order, it adds tax which was like 12 bucks for me... so the total was about 153.00.... That is kinda steap. LoL The Sempron combo seems better still since you might not see much difference in performance.

What do you guys think?

Alright guys, I went ahead and bit this deal... I will let you all know if I get a newcastle or venice... i'm praying it's a venice!! Then i'll order a few more, cause I like having stuff I don't need. :(

I've only had one ECS mobo go out, but they are just as good as any other (budget wise) lol

90nm alone doesn't determine if it's a Venice or not but

ADA3000AiK4BX

Athlon 64 and 64 FX
Manufacturer---------------------- AMD
Processor architecture --------Athlon 64
Frequency/Model number 3000 MHz (rated), 2000 MHz (actual, socket 754) or 1800 MHz (actual, socket 939)
External cache 512 KB
Package type 754-pin lidded OmPGA (socket 754)
Maximum operating temperature 65°C
Part definition Stepping E6, single processor, 0.09 micron, socket 754
Voltage 1.4V

As per: http://www.cpu-world.com/info/id/AMD-K8-identification.html

Is the E6 stepping a Venice or?

Yeah, the E6 stepping is a Venice...

The newcastle was 130micron and had sse sse2 1.5v not too good on oc

venice is 90micron sse sse2 sse3 1.4v nicer overclock

If you're running something slower or are looking for 64bit on the cheap, grab this one by the throat. I'm already running an A64 Newcastle on an ECS mobo (which replaced my LanParty that went tango-uniform on me) so I don't need it. Otherwise, I'd be all over this one.

Heck, I may just grab it and build a box for folding.

Thanks to the OP for posting this one!

Well... it's been 4 days and I didn't get mine. I am hoping it comes next week. I'm super excited for my new build.

That board probably wont be able to max out a Venice :(. Still a nice deal either way.

Socrilles17 said:
$120 for retail box and same mobo at Fry's tomorrow
You mean that the AMD will be a boxed retail chip?

That will be a sweet deal!

Affini said:
You mean that the AMD will be a boxed retail chip?

That will be a sweet deal!

THat's how its' been.. check out my main post.. I goofed and said OEM. LoL... but $120 is a STEAL!!! Thanks for the heads up.

I received mine today.

It is definetely a Venice revision DH-E6.

The motherboard undervolts giving a maximum of 1.32 V. HTT has a max selectable value of 250. So far the max I have been able to reach is 2.4 GHz.

Rcv said:
I received mine today.

The motherboard undervolts giving a maximum of 1.32 V. HTT has a max selectable value of 250. So far the max I have been able to reach is 2.4 GHz.
... at 2.4GHz, what stock AMD 64 chip do you think that is equal to?

That would be = or greater than the 3400+ Newcastle, which is 2.4 512L2, but the Venice is newer and has sse3... lower volts... so i'd lean on the greater part. Also, I belive a 3700+ Clawhammer is also 2.4, but with 1mb L2 and same as newcastle for instructions.

I picked up one of these combos this morning at Fry's. I also received a E6 Venice (51W). woot

I've decided to get this combo if I can find a decent case/ps and AGP video card cheap (I know ram & hdds are cheap all the time).

I need a smaller desktop/mini-tower and a video card that is good for video playback and running VMware, not going to be used for gaming.

I'm comparing getting this combo and a setup vs getting a Fry's Compaq SR1850NX (1GB RAM, 250GB SATA, AMD 3700+, lightscribe drive, WinXP Media edition) for $499 (after $50 rebate).

seems like the Compaq system will be decent for the $ but have no idea what the video card is

Affini said:
seems like the Compaq system will be decent for the $ but have no idea what the video card is
The video is most likely integrated Xpress 200. I bought a similar model several months ago and that's what it had. It's slow for games, but you can upgrade with the PCI-E slot if you want faster graphics.

Yup... x200 ATI. Expansion looks good (up to 4GB RAM, 2 PCI free, 1 PCI-E free)

for the $ it looks like a better buy... the 3700+ should be a lot faster, right?

Seriously, you can still buy a better system for cheaper. The max you shoud pay for a system like that is ~ $300-375!!

noobtech said:
Seriously, you can still buy a better system for cheaper. The max you shoud pay for a system like that is ~ $300-375!!
... so list the parts equal to that system for $300-375... I'm interested to see it.

Affini said:
... so list the parts equal to that system for $300-375... I'm interested to see it.

It wouldn't be PCI-Express card, but you can definetly get an AGP card that is more powerful than that onboard. I just built a system fo my sister in law for like $275 but I gave her free 1gig DDR400. Still... it would of ended up being around the price I posted above. Yup. :)

This was when newegg was having a sale on 250sata w/ free shipping, got a pimp case w/ PSU comob... go this ECS & Venice combo... eVGA 5500 256mb agp... 1 gig ddr400 kingston value ram.

Rcv said:
I received mine today.

What HSF did you use? The stock AMD 754 HSF?

Also could you please hook us up with more details on your bios settings? Oh and whats your idle and load temps?

Also how do you think this 3000+ @ 2.4ghz stacks up against an AMD Socket A Barton @ 2.4Ghz in gaming?

THANKS

noobtech said:
It wouldn't be PCI-Express card, but you can definetly get an AGP card that is more powerful than that onboard. I just built a system fo my sister in law for like $275 but I gave her free 1gig DDR400. Still... it would of ended up being around the price I posted above. Yup. :)

This was when newegg was having a sale on 250sata w/ free shipping, got a pimp case w/ PSU comob... go this ECS & Venice combo... eVGA 5500 256mb agp... 1 gig ddr400 kingston value ram.
it needs to be equal... meaning PCI-E... you cannot build an equal system for $375.
... if you still think you can, prove it. List each part and price (including shipping!) and I'll add the tax to the Fry's system to make it a level playing field.

You can still do it even if it's PCI-Express... if you shift the prices where PCI-Express cards cost less than AGP and increase the price of the Mobo... that would be the only difference.

Keep in mind the chances of finding everything you're looking for in the same day are slim. You have to buy each part seperately while constantly looking for the best bargain. Also, consider buying some used parts as well. Yup. If you want to go ahead and save the time and get the system from Frys then go for it. It will still be upgradable and you won't have to be wasting time (if you don't have time to waste). Since I have lots of free time, then it doesn't bother me to look for a good deal.

cheaper system for an example:
200 gig maxtor HD $30 * 2 = $60 for 400 gb (Staples)
DVD burner $17 *2 = $34 for Dual 16X DVD burner (Staples)
Free after MIR 420 Watt PSU and Case (Fry's)
1 gb DDR pc2700 Free AMIR (Staples)
Intel 920 retail box and mobo $200 (clocks to 3.73 ghz) (Fry's)
Radeon x800 128 mb $62 (Dell)
Win XP $20 (Brother in law works for microsoft)

Total cost $370

Socrilles17 said:
cheaper system for an example:
200 gig maxtor HD $30 * 2 = $60 for 400 gb (Staples)
DVD burner $17 *2 = $34 for Dual 16X DVD burner (Staples)
Free after MIR 420 Watt PSU and Case (Fry's)
1 gb DDR pc2700 Free AMIR (Staples)
Intel 920 retail box and mobo $200 (clocks to 3.73 ghz) (Fry's)
Radeon x800 128 mb $62 (Dell)
Win XP $20 (Brother in law works for microsoft)

Total cost $370

That is incredible and blows away a Celeron. Finding deals makes you feel like a treasure hunter. w00t

Back