Odd disapearing drive issue

candy76man

Weaksauce
I am setting up my htpc and bought powerdvd13 to use for movie playback. I'm Running windows7pro 64bit, msi p55 mobo, intel 2.8 ghz I7 cpu, ssd for main drive and my media drive is a 2 tb WD.

The problem I'm having is with resuming from sleep (s3). If powerdvd13 was running when the system goes to sleep the media drive is always gone when it resumes. A restart will bring the drive back. The odd part is the drive only disappears after resuming from sleep if powerdvd was running. If powerdvd was not running the media drive is still there when the system resumes from sleep. I've installed every windows7 update, intel chipset drivers, intel matrix drivers, tried plugging the media drive into different sata ports including the secondary jmicron port that runs it on a separate chip from the intel sata ports...all with the same results.

At this point the only other things I can think of to try is windows8 or a new hard drive. Anyone have any suggestions of something else I could try before I drop another 100 bucks on a hard drive or windows8??

Just an FYI.......I went ahead and did a upgrade to windows8 and the problem has gone away so I guess it was some kind of software problem.

Back