• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OC issue in x64

Willsonman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
1,195
So I can overclock to 2.7ghz on my windows x86 platform but I can only get to 2.46 or I get a BSOD in x64. Kind of annoying really. All drivers are up to date and BIOS is as well. ANy thoughts or suggestions? See my sig for system setup.
 
Uhm... thanks? wow that was a really pointless statement. anyways on to more enlightening things. If I set my memory divider and voltage at the right spot for 2.7 I can get into windows but for some reason the multiplier changes to 5. I can adjust all the settings up to 2.7 with clockgen just fine... funny that the BIOS will not make it work right on booting.
 
XP64, actually running 64 bit code, is harder on the cpu than running it in XP32....my normal overclock of 2.6 has to be ran down to 2.5 under X64 to get the rock solid stability....
 
Well I guess I'm just lucky. My overclock went up when I switched to x64. Although not by much.
 
Back
Top