NZXT Beta -> Battlefield 3 Box

Wow! Thanks for all the responses :). I updated the log, but there's nothing too exciting tonight. I'm going to start the exterior tomorrow.

I phoned in the exterior. I was too lazy to use the same scale as the side window and enlarged it. I also only went with two tones instead of the original three that I planned. I had to touch up a few spots where my base coat wasn't dry. Overall, I like the result and I had a lot of fun doing it. I'm calling this one done, but I might make another one in the future when I have more time. Thanks for all the comments and feel free to give me your opinion, love it or hate it. :D

Nicely done! Masking for the digi desert looks like it was a pain. But good work is never easy. Very unique and well executed! Game on!

Looks great! Did you have any trouble cutting the aluminum?

It was actually thin steel. I tried a few different methods. The way I used to do it was with a dremel rotary tool with a cutting wheel. But this time I found that using a dremel trio with a side cutting bit made a much cleaner edge and I didn't have to smooth it out as much. I used some MDF trim board clamped to the side panel to guide the router.

I enjoyed building this thing so much that now I want to build a Skyrim themed case, so I'm selling it as a complete system on eBay with a matching keyboard, mouse and monitor. PM if you want the item number. I may post pics of the mouse and keyboard as well.

aww...horrible marpat colors but nice work on it...personally think you shoulda gone with a darker army green or the Marine Corps desert colors.

aww...horrible marpat colors but nice work on it...personally think you shoulda gone with a darker army green or the Marine Corps desert colors.
And technically it's not marpat w/o the ega, but I'd hate to have to mask that too, haha

Back