nvstor32.sys bsod in vista

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
I was trying to backup a movie using a program called dvdfab and it got stuck at like 20% with the the timer still going. Then all of a sudden I got a bsod that said something about "nvstor32.sys." Does anyone know what that pertains to? I recently overclocked my memory in sig from 800mhz to 1100mhz from stock timings of 4-3-4-8 to 5-5-5-15. It booted up in windows fine and I played bf2142 for a while with no problems. Could it be the memory that caused the bsod? Should I up the voltage a little from 2.2v stock?

Given the name and the motherboard you're using, I'd bet it's something to do with your drive controllers. Try bumping down your memory back to it's stock speeds. Also, check around to see if that DVDfab program has compatibility issues. I remember that being some craptacular software when I first tried it, but I haven't used it since.

Bringing this back for good reason. I'm having consistent BSOD due to nvstor32.sys on Vista 32bit, with the rig in sig.

I have my 2x160GB hard drives in RAID 0 and an additional 500GB hard drive on a separate SATA port, all on the motherboard. The RAID 0 was migrated from a nForce3 motherboard where it had no issues in the 4+ years it ran there. Occassionally, Vista will stop recognizing the 500GB drive, although a disc rescan in the storage section of Computer Management (Disk Management) will usually recover it (a reboot does and it is always recognized in BIOS).

Memory is set to SLI Ready settings per memory spec. System temps seem normal. Only thing that I can think of is a buggy driver?

Anyone have any idea about this? I'm about to go without RAID 0 to improve performance, which shouldn't be the case. The alternative is to install XP, but I don't want to fish out a floppy drive so I can install the RAID drivers and I'd lose DirectX 10

Back