• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

nvidia 81.26 insanity

Yeah some have some issues in games though. I'd like to see a thorough analysis. Hopefully a site will provide. A lot of people are jumping to the conclusion its the dual thread support that was added(the site with benches I seen uses an X2), and it would be cool if it was, but I think some of it is just nV looking to dilute the ATi launch, held back like they have done in the past. It would be cool if nv got massive boosts out of X2's, but I'm thinking a good portion is goodies for all? I dunno.
 
nah i set affinity on 3dmark05 to cpu 0 using winlaunch so it was using only the 1 processor. i didnt do this on purpose, just because i was decoding some vid on the other cpu.

finally broke 13k
number 1, all cpus below 3000, all gpus, all os's, all drivers
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1246973


very truly yours,
politenessman
 
I get a decent fps boost with a non-dual core processor so there has to be more to it then that.
 
thats quite a jump, Im surpirsed it actually does that with just drivers. but then again, I was surpirsed it did that with 3dmark 03 when those hacked drivers came out around the 5900 days.
 
i guess theres some optimizations, also i have no idea if the iq is same, better or worse, dont know if they even work in games. just know i got a nice bump. also know i got this bump using only 1 of the cpus. my hardware and software exactly the same, my xp install a few days older tho.

very truly yours,
politenessman

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1246973
 
I had some texture funkyness in CS S and some glitches in DS II. I ended up reverting back to 77's. But I did get a big boost in 3dmark as well 7800GTX, A64X2 4200
 
Back
Top