Not possible to be a DMZ if on a wireless router?

LordJezo

Limp Gawd
No matter what I have tried I just cannot get my computer to be a DMZ while it is on a wireless connection..

I have tried setting it up to be a static internal ip based on the mac address. I have tried turning on and off WEP. For different applications I have tried all sorts of port forwarding..

NOTHING!

No matter what I do the wirelessly connected computers just cannot be open to the outside world and different programs all see some sort of firewall.

Even setting up my IP to be a DMZ wont work..

But, computers that are connected to the router via physical cable have no such problems..

It's a D-Link DI-624 router.. is there no way to open up the wireless computers to the outside world?

:(

I havent tryed a DMZ on my D-Link DI-624 router. But I just setup virtual servers for the games I play and that works no problem. People are able to connect when I host Warcraft3, Battlefiled 1942, Unreal2k3 and some others. Maybe you should try this.

Putting your machine in the DMZ is a bad idea to begin with, just forward the ports you need.

Well how about I rephrase..

port forwarding does not work if you are trying to forward the ports to a pc hooked up via a wireless connection.

It works fine if the computer is hard wired into the router but once you try to do the same thing for a computer on a wireless connection none of the forwarding works.

Stands to reason that the Access point is stopping the router from forwarding data on a specific port to a wireless client.
Dunno how you could get around that.

Back