noob needs help

thachamp05

n00b
i have slowly been getting parts for a new c2d rig and everything is finally here
so i am putting it together like normal and i go to boot it up... and i get a big nothing
the parts i have are:

lian li hpc-600 psu
core 2 duo e6600
asus p5n-e sli
2 gb ballistix ddr2-1000
evga 7900gs

its really confusing because i get power to the cpu fan and the mobo has a green light every time i turn the power on to the mains

like i dont even push the power button on the chassis and fans are still spinning, so i guess everything is powered

i donno if its something to do with this psu or the asus mobo (i have always used dfi) or what but for it to have power when i dont boot it is pretty wierd

things i have tried to fix it

1. reseat ram in socket, its in the two yellow slots, am i correct?
2. reseat cpu
3. reseat vga
4. clear cmos

i havent bolted down the heatsink because my hsf (zally 9700 led) is a bitch and a half to install and remove

everything is just running naked on top of mobo box so i can make sure im ok before i case it

Try running 1 stick of ram at a time and bouce it around in the different ram sockets. If the first stick doesn't work try the second.
Sometimes MB's won't post because they detect a problem with the voltages. You might want to try mounting it in the case I've had systemboards that wouldn't post outside the case then you put them in and bam everything works. Who knows could be a long list of things. also make sure you have your power on your video card hooked up ;)

it was a no go

its wierd that everything powers on but the mobo doesent beep at all, could it be a bad mobo or do i just have something plugged in wrong

Back