• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

no boot after TIM swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

SticKx911

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Mar 14, 2004
Messages
3,136
I built my rig with the TIM provided with my waterblock. I bought a better material when I was at microcenter the other day and pulled the block, reapplied, and reinstalled. Pretty routine. Now it wont boot :(

No post codes on the board led's or beeps from a speaker. So did I short a pin on the board or something or did I damage my CPU somehow in the process? I checked my psu connections, and everything else powers on...I have terrible luck with this sort of thing. I should have left it alone.

I don't see any damage and I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary, but does no led's mean I should look more closely at the board or cpu, or ?

EDIT:
2 bent pins in the bottom corner of socket. Now to order a magnifying glass to make sure I can properly straighten them out.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top