• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

*nix big adv

Ha....when I first read the title, I read it as getting rid of (nix) bigadv...don't scare me like that :)
 
There's no ETA unfortunately. It might still be a ways off. Hopefully, it will arrive no later than sometime next month. /fingers crossed
 
*blows wad*

loves me some linux bigadv
 
I know it has been in beta a while now and so far it looks stable. I would really love to switch everything I own over to Linux...
 
^Out of curiosity, why?

Isn't there no difference between version?

Or just cost associated with server os?
 
^Out of curiosity, why?

Isn't there no difference between version?

Or just cost associated with server os?
There are different core versions for Windows and Linux. The Linux core had issues preventing -bigadv units from running properly, so -bigadv on Linux was disabled until the problems could be resolved.
 
The issues with Linux always struck me as odd because(correct me if I'm wrong) didn't bigadv makes it debut there?
 
^Out of curiosity, why?

Isn't there no difference between version?

Or just cost associated with server os?

Cost is the big thing. Performance is the second big thing (I would be shocked if a CLI Linux distro is slower than Windows.)
 
^Okay.... Yha the a1 vs a2 was a huge difference... But I was under the impression both a3 clients performed about the same... Which was great because you no longer needed a vm to smp fold to score big points.

Musky you got some serious coin in hardware... whats a few more hundred dollars a machine?? :D
 
The issues with Linux always struck me as odd because(correct me if I'm wrong) didn't bigadv makes it debut there?
Sort of. -bigadv first started with the A2 core, which was only available for Linux. Later on, the A2 core was deprecated and replaced with A3. -bigadv was later released for the A3 core on Windows, although I don't remember if it was released on Linux at the same time.
Cost is the big thing. Performance is the second big thing (I would be shocked if a CLI Linux distro is slower than Windows.)
The Windows A3 core does perform better than the Linux version.
 
Back
Top