Nintendo NES mod?

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Nov 29, 2009
Messages
9,223
I just had a brilliant idea, find a broken NES, remove all the electronics, and use it as a PC case for a home theatre box. Have the cartridge insert bay be a bluray drive, wire up the power and reset button accordingly. May need to change the way the power button works though as it should be a momentary push button.

I'm thinking the case would be big enough to house at least a micro ATX board. I googled and it seems it's been done, wondering if anyone here has ever done it? Looking for some ideas and inspiration. :D

Oh and I'd change the bios splash screen to say "Nintendo". :D
 
its been done many times... But everyone i see done look just awesome. Go for it.
 
Just go to the Bit-tech forums or do a google. Probably seen around 30+ NES/SNES mods over the years, but one of the most notable was just a year or 3 ago. I remember one tweak the guy did was cutting a slit into the almighty gold Zelda cartridge to disguise the slot load DVD.
 
oooo a slot load DVD drive, now that would be cool. I saw a mod with a slim drive, but if I can get a slot even better.

I don't have the money now because I spent a lot latetly (server rack, and today a 55" LED TV lol) but after seeing a few mods I'm inspired and so want to do this. The thought of a NES hooked up to a 55" LED just seems so amusing, and the thought of turning on said NES, and seeing Linux or some other OS load on the TV, is even more amusing. I wonder if some motherboards have an option to have it play a sound when it hits a custom bios splash screen. Could make it say "Nintendo" with that "bling" sound it makes when you load certain games. :D
 
i'm working on a NES PC as well.. it's just hard to find a Pico PSU with the right wattage...
 
Back
Top