Nice temps on Intel Pentium D's...

Terra

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
2,786
For quite some time people have been saying that "NetBurst" CPU's where to hot.
Well, the 65mn Pentium D's changed that:
tempdn4.jpg


Stock speeds with a Zalman CNPS 9500-LED CPU cooler.
Max load temps never go over 44C
Feell free to post you own Pentium D temps, as I want to make sure I didn't just get lucky :)

Terra - I guees I have to O.C now :( :p
 
Hey Terra, what chip did you get? I have the same motherboard as you (P5P800 SE) and I just put a D 940 in it. I am getting temps at Idle 22c and full load at 40c. I have the same Zalmen on mine. Right now it is running at 3.84 stable at stock voltage. I was shocked at the temps after running the D805 at 42c idle and up above 60c at full load. I was using seedfan with the new setup and couldn't tell which the CPU temp was becasue I didn't thik it could be that low. I did have the 940 running at 4.0 but it wasn't stable. I will play around with voltages when I get more time. I do plan on getting a Conroe, but this setup will do just fine untill the market and benches settle on Conroe systems.
 
fishingeek said:
Hey Terra, what chip did you get? I have the same motherboard as you (P5P800 SE) and I just put a D 940 in it. I am getting temps at Idle 22c and full load at 40c. I have the same Zalmen on mine. Right now it is running at 3.84 stable at stock voltage. I was shocked at the temps after running the D804 at 42c idle and up above 60c at full load. I was using seedfan with the new setup and couldn't tell which the CPU temp was becasue I didn't thik it could be that low. I did have the 940 running at 4.0 but it wasn't stable. I will play around with voltages when I get more time. I do plan on getting a Conroe, but this setup will do just fine untill the market and benches settle on Conroe systems.

I have the Pentium D 950 :)
And after reading your post I might just start to OC. :D *L*

Terra...
 
while my 930 can hit 4ghz... it idles at 46 vs 40 stock *with a skythe ninja + bad as5 application.*

load temps at 4ghz were on par with "extreme spaceheater" at 65 C

so i dropped to stock and had the mobo run its FSB speedstep thing in bios so under load i go to 3.25ghz.

Do note though, that 4.0 ghz is BLAZING fast.
 
Back
Top