Nforce 3 DOS ethernet driver

gsboriqua

Gawd
OK, I have searched high and low but can't find a DOS driver for the GB nic that comes on the NF 3 boards. I have an Epox EP-8KDA3J. I found the DOS driver for the NF 2's but can't come up with anything on the NF 3 side of things. Emails to Epox have gone unanswered. Any help would be extremely appreciated!

sorry, i don't have an answer for you

but i find this interesting. I didn't know you could load drivers in dos ... ethernet specifically. Can you network in dos? Care to provide some information?

Thanks!

ROFL... you didn't know you could network in DOS?

Shame I don't have my DOS Network Install disks I had for my old job, to deploy Windows 98 back in the day....

*dies laughing*

I looked arounfd the Epox website and the site for the manufacturer of the network chip it uses and couldn't find any DOS drivers either. I think your best bet if you really need DOS support is to pick up a 5 buck Realtek card and drop that in your machine for DOS use.

Raa hate it when people ask for help and manufacture site doesn't respond ( www.cicada-semi.com ) just so annoying.

Don't you just hate it when you get to a store and its closed! Blah

Fryguy8 said:
have you tried the nforce2 drivers?

Yea the nf 2 drivers dont work. I tried contacting Vitesse also. I thought for sure Epox would respond with at least a NO. Also there is no contact information anywhere on Nvidia's site.. :mad:

I was gonna slap a cheapy NIC in there for dos but I was hoping to avoid the dual nic thing, not that its a big deal, just something I think is unecessary.

DOS is still used in the IT world thanks to symantec so you would think they would slap a driver together...

MATTRESS said:
sorry, i don't have an answer for you

but i find this interesting. I didn't know you could load drivers in dos ... ethernet specifically. Can you network in dos? Care to provide some information?

Thanks!

I remember back in the day at out LAN parties we would have to do a NETSTART/NETSTOP to get our networks talking to play quake in DOS :D There would always be one guy who forgot a T connector, or we couldn't find a terminator since we use to use those old BNC cables to connect to each other... :p

Ahh the good ole days!

Back