• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nforce 2 in dual channel problems

mthomp71

n00b
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
2
I have 3 different boards, NF7, Gigabyte and a Albertron all are ultra 400 models. 2 2500s and 2 sets of hyper x 3500 256 memory. All 3 board will run 200 mhz to reach 3200mhz, but only in the same channel not dual mode. Rock stable in single channel. Will boot into XP but will be thrown out after a few minutes in 3d programs....The Abit will even run 220 at 11 multiplier, but only in single channel. I have max voltages on memeory, agp, chipset and cpu with no go. All 3 boards run dual channel fine except when I approach 200mhz. These 2 bartons will run as 3200s at stock voltage just not as dual channels. Anyone have this problem? Any insight will be appreciated
 
hmmmmmm, im not sure.
but its not much to worry about, i would rather have the overclocked cpu than the extra 3% boost of ram from dual channel.
 
Interesting...I wonder if making my ram not run in dual channel mode will let me overclock higher...hmmmmmmmm:D
 
I'm assuming you say you have 2x256mb of the kingston ram. do you know whether or not these are BH-5 modules? What kind of timings have you set on the RAM? If they are too tight try looser timings i.e. 2-3-2-11 or 2-3-3-11 @ around 2.7v or 2.8v I know that Abit boards tend to overvolt (i think) meaning the voltage u set is lower then the actual voltage.

And like jamestime said you won't see much of a difference if you run DCDDR vs SCDDR on an AMD setup. only a little difference.

I've also read somewhere on this section that some dude OC'd his AMD rig to about 250mhz?!(crazy) on single channel. I guess single channel is better to OC that high (?) but it was on a DFI LanParty Rev. B board.

Try reseting the bios to default then up the vcore/vdimm slowly. I don't see a point in upping the volt's on the agp/pci.

My sig shows this setup as stable. I have to RMA my RAM because I Memtest'd it and it was bad D: hopefully mushkin will have some backup pc3500 lvl2 on hand otherwise i'm screwed :(
 
Back
Top