NF7-S on newegg gone?!

W.O.T. Stang

Limp Gawd
I'm like 2 days away from buying my new system, load up my cart there, and realize my board is missing. So i go to search for it under "nf7-s" and an nf7-m comes up, but no nf7-s?

Any ideas what's up? I definitely want this board, but I don't want to have to go to another company to get it! Maybe they are just sold out? (but they usually tell you if they are!)

Anyone else having the same problem there?

i'm definately noticing the problem as well...hopefully it'll fix itself?

i'm luckier than you tho, i got a couple weeks before i buy my system

Originally posted by Dome
i'm definately noticing the problem as well...hopefully it'll fix itself?

i'm luckier than you tho, i got a couple weeks before i buy my system

I sure hope so! I definitely don't want to end up having to buy the board from another company if I REALLY don't have too, not to mention parts getting here at different times. I also don't want to have to settle for the nf7-m if I don't have too. (not that I use raid/sata or firewire but I may in the future, and I don't need the GF4 GPU that comes on the M either.)

I just hope that whatever the deal is, that it's fixed SOON. And I KNOW i'm not the only one.

wow, that's strange. maybe abit isn't making them and newegg sold out? (you'd think they'd still be produced tho, the name nf7-s is more recognized than AN7; not to mention the reviews/rewards)

zipzoomfly still has them, with free 2nd shipping (no need to worry about when it gets to your door/extra shipping costs).

Hmm...

Well, in that case, how does the Abit AN7 compare to the Abit nsf boards?

Edit: Just noticed to says the AN7 is an AT form factor board? That cannot be right, can it?! :confused:

Originally posted by MTB2Live,Live4Comps
wow, that's strange. maybe abit isn't making them and newegg sold out? (you'd think they'd still be produced tho, the name nf7-s is more recognized than AN7; not to mention the reviews/rewards)

zipzoomfly still has them, with free 2nd shipping (no need to worry about when it gets to your door/extra shipping costs).

Maybe Newegg is just sold out, because there's no way Abit would stop making a hotcake like that. It's ONE of THE best boards they've ever made.

Yeah, it looks like they just changed the name of the product earlier today. Before, it didn't have the "v2" in the title, and now it does, so those of you that had the original one in your wish lists no longer would, because they no longer carry an NF7-S without the "V2" in the name of it. :)

They're not discontinued...... yet...

I checked my radar, and disties still have orders placed through january, meaning its still in production at the moment, however, i suspect that the nf7-s rev3 *cough* an7, will replace it soon

Originally posted by Schro
They're not discontinued...... yet...

I checked my radar, and disties still have orders placed through january, meaning its still in production at the moment, however, i suspect that the nf7-s rev3 *cough* an7, will replace it soon

Is the AN7 really that much better?

Originally posted by W.O.T. Stang
Is the AN7 really that much better?

Its not necessarily better, it just is Nf7's obvious sucessor. No company would keep 2 of their own products on the market at the same price with the same features- you will loose the cost advantage associated with only producing one such product.

Reviews are mixed on the An7, much like they were on the original NF7, so i'd say its a wait and see type thing, but here's my prediction.

NF7-S rev2 will be discontinued in the coming months
NF7-S rev3 *cough* AN7 will continue to get mixed reviews
NF7-S rev4 *cough* AN7 rev2 will be released and pwn all in the reviews.

This is just speculation though, i have no hard evidence that this willl happen.

Back