NF7-s Bios

KINgGh0sT

[H]ard|Gawd
Well as far as my understanding and the answers from the Hard Community that I killed my NF7-s, well I was wondering if there is anyway for my to flash the bios using a boot disk and it doing all the work as I have no video signal for me to see what it's doing...

Or, does anyone else have a suggestion?

Well I ran the Abit flash utility and well, after the update ran my computer will no longer play any video signal, I rebooted like it asked and well everything starts up, CPU, Fans, HDD, and Video card, and then all a sudden the fan stops spinning on the Video card, Computers specs below...

I tried clearing my Cmos, and etc. I unpluged all AC power, set the jumper to clear, let it sit there for 10 seconds, put it back rebooted, let it sit there for 10 mins, etc... None of which worked...

On Post, I'm amusing there is a post there is no system beep codes...

Well you could put a computer right next to yours and flash them both at the same time.

Originally posted by KINgGh0sT
Pardon?

Put a computer right next to the one you're having probs with and follow the flash procedure on the good computer while doing it exactly the same way on the broken one.

Also I cannot flash if the system won't boot up and there is nothing on the screen can I?

I believe Phantum is trying to recommend hot-swapping the bios chips on a good board.

Boot the good board up
take out the good bios chip
put bad bios chip in good board while it is still running
flash the bad bios chip...now you'll have two good bios chips

There is a product out on the market called Bios savior, though never used it. Also, I believe you can order bios chips from Abit, but again, I've never had to do that either.

My goodness. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. If you've ever put a monitor at too high a res or refresh rate and it wigs out. What you do is on one computer you right click, do the same on the bad one, then go to properties, do it on the bad one, then go to the settings tab but hitting tab x amount of times. DO THE SAME THING, ONLY YOUR FLASHING YOUR BIOS. Am I the only sane person here?

You put two computers next to eachother and do exactly what you do on the machine to can see, to the machine you can't see. Jeebus.:rolleyes: :mad:

The only problem is that if you've hosed your bios, that means that NOTHING is happening on your comp :).

IE. The bios failure boot block isn't even loading up.

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Originally posted by Stanley Pain
The only problem is that if you've hosed your bios, that means that NOTHING is happening on your comp :).

IE. The bios failure boot block isn't even loading up.

Cheers,

Mr. Pain
Exactly...phantum's last post would work on a bjorked vid card bios. A bjorked motherboard bios will not allow you to do anything but send voltage to the motherboard...not too useful.

Normally, when you flash a BIOS it should not touch the boot block section. This boot block section of the BIOS allows for you to recover by booting off of the floppy (most likely you won't have video).

Now, if you've managed to mung up the boot block then you need specialized equipment to reprogram the flashrom. I can do it for you. PM me or email me at [email protected] for details. Include information on what make and model of your motherboard and revision (yours is Abit NF7-S 2.0?). It looks like your BIOS chip is socketed so that's a good start.

Back