NF7 Bios updating....

batotman

2[H]4U
I've expressed my disdain for these boards before. Now my problem is updating the BIOS. I get into the flash program and I type in the BIOS name I'm updating to. Then it sits there and does nothing, no flashing, pretty much locks up.

Anyone have any ideas?

Nevermind the board up and died anyways. I'm never buying a shitty fucking abit again.

Originally posted by batotman
Nevermind the board up and died anyways. I'm never buying a shitty fucking abit again.

NF7-S is probably one of the best nForce2 boards out there right now. Probably only the DFI LANParty B can beat it.

Abit is not shitty. The Abit IC7-Max3 is probably the best board (albeit the most expensive) for the P4.

Yeah user error with the last shit ass abit boards too eh? Must be just abit that seems to baffle me, asus, epox, msi I can handle but apparently not abit....:rolleyes:

I can't even find it in my invoices so looks like I'm eating $100 on a 6 month old board. Will be replaced by an asus. Nuff said.

Originally posted by DaveX
NF7-S is probably one of the best nForce2 boards out there right now. Probably only the DFI LANParty B can beat it.

Abit is not shitty. The Abit IC7-Max3 is probably the best board (albeit the most expensive) for the P4.

And you don't think that a7n8x you got is as good or better than a nf7???

IC7....also quality control problems. Not like I'm a fanboy, I've had 6 abits perform shitty or die on me. However the one board I originally got that got me on the abit bandwagon, IT7 Max, still kicking and runs awesome. Last board I bought was an IC7 and it was unstable and overclocked like a dog, RMA'd for a P4C800 and couldn't be happier. Oh well.

A7N8X is great too. Good board, haven't had a chance to push it because of my crappy ram. Has all the features you would need. One thing is that it doesn't have Gigabit LAN, but then again it's an fairly old board. Abit NF7-S is definitely a better overclocker, even though it has that nForce2 issue where 10x and 10.5x multis don't work with 230+ FSB. Only board that I can think of that is better is the DFI LANParty B.

A7N8X is great too. Good board, haven't had a chance to push it because of my crappy ram. Has all the features you would need. One thing is that it doesn't have Gigabit LAN, but then again it's an fairly old board. Abit NF7-S is definitely a better overclocker, even though it has that nForce2 issue where 10x and 10.5x multis don't work with 230+ FSB. Only board that I can think of that is better is the DFI LANParty B.

Weird. I've got two, well had two till this one died, and they overclock like dogs on FSB. The a7n8x I have is the original and it runs 205FSB no problem.

You are lucky. The old pre-revision 2 boards always had problems hitting 200 FSB because of the low Vdd voltage. Revision 2 boards don't have that problem, but they still don't come close to the 1.9 Vdd of the DFI LANParty B.

The NF7 has been resurrected. I hot flashed the bios chip in an IT7 (yeah a P4 board of all things...lol) and works now. Ashit has to ditch that crappy flashmenu program if its not gonna be guaranteed to work 100% of the time, something that important HAS to work.

I unno, I've always had good experience with flashmenu, if not user error you could be special circumstance, or maybe I'm one o_O

Said everything was go, then reboot, it no came back on. You can't user error something that easy.

User error, that must be the usual excuse for amd fanboys....:D

Originally posted by batotman
Said everything was go, then reboot, it no came back on. You can't user error something that easy.

User error, that must be the usual excuse for amd fanboys....:D

nah... we reserve "user error" for intel users ;)

:D

You are lucky. The old pre-revision 2 boards always had problems hitting 200 FSB because of the low Vdd voltage. Revision 2 boards don't have that problem, but they still don't come close to the 1.9 Vdd of the DFI LANParty B.

That's strange, because my NF-7S V2 allows 1.9 Vdd stock. :p

I've also built four systems with NF-7S's for me and my friends. Haven't had a problem yet.

Originally posted by EQDuffy
That's strange, because my NF-7S V2 allows 1.9 Vdd stock. :p

Weird, thought the maximum you could set it to in BIOS was 1.75V...

Back