NewEgg Vistas not shipping until Wednesday

gruun

n00b
I placed an order at NewEgg for Vista Home Premium OEM this morning, got overnight and rush on it, and it hit Step 5 about an hour after I placed it; since then, they've added a line below all Vista versions that reads "Orders placed for Vista will not be shipped until 1/31/2007." It was not there when I ordered this morning.

I was hoping to get it tomorrow and have the weekend to play, too. :(

EDIT: They've now changed the date to 1/30/2007.

I ordered mine tuesday night and got it wendesday morning :eek: from newegg :D

Yeah, that's why I went ahead and ordered, after hearing about others who'd gotten theirs already. Maybe someone at Microsoft no likey.

Ordered my copy at noon on Tue and got it noon on Wed. Glad I ordered it when I did.

I think i'm in the same boat. Ordered early and it went through to step 5 and now appears to just be sitting there. I guess i'll wait to see if it ships tomorrow, if not i'll probably cancel and go elsewhere to get a copy.

I also ordered my Home Premium OEM dvd on Tuesday and it's due to arrive tomorrow morning.

I think i'm in the same boat. Ordered early and it went through to step 5 and now appears to just be sitting there. I guess i'll wait to see if it ships tomorrow, if not i'll probably cancel and go elsewhere to get a copy.
Once it's at 5, I don't know if they will let you cancel.

i ordered mine this morning as well, just got my tracking number saying itll be here tomorrow...so yours should ship today as well! GL!

I just hope they don't hold copies that have shipped out. Mine is kind of sitting in Jacksonville. Supposed to be here tomorrow though.

I just read some reviews over at the egg, and lotsa people saying that they won't be getting thier copy until after the 30TH might want to take a peek

Hmm I placed an order yesterday with the WRONG billing address and my copy shipped already. I won't know if it's really shipped until a week though since I live in Germany. :(

Hmm I placed an order yesterday with the WRONG billing address and my copy shipped already. I won't know if it's really shipped until a week though since I live in Germany. :(
Thats a bummer. It might be worth the phone call to see if you can fix the screw up, in the event they didn't ship yet.

Well, my copy just showed up in the UPS man's hands, so perhaps it's just something to prevent mass demand?

Just checked and mine is actually moving. Won't get here until Monday because of the weekend but does look like it's moving. I'm guessing they either ran out of inventory or Microsoft made them stop shipping everything after they put that notice up.

my copy also came today from Newegg. too bad I cant find any freakin' drivers that will work right w/ my 8800 GTX card.

this stinks bigtime! :mad:

Just checked and mine is actually moving. Won't get here until Monday because of the weekend but does look like it's moving. I'm guessing they either ran out of inventory or Microsoft made them stop shipping everything after they put that notice up.

I would have to doubt that MS made them stop. I work in a small computer store and none of our major distributors have said anything about not being able to aquire or ship/use any versions. I've already got 'em in stock, so unless someone at MS tells me otherwise, I'll be selling/(pre)installing 'em here locally starting tomorrow. Up the Tuesday launch! :p

True but the not ship until date lines up with the official vista launch. Hence the speculation microsoft might have pulled the plug.

my copy also came today from Newegg. too bad I cant find any freakin' drivers that will work right w/ my 8800 GTX card.

this stinks bigtime! :mad:

Check out Guru3D for a beta 8800GTX driver. I am currently running this driver on mine.

-E

Back