Newegg: Server 2008 R2 Standard; "Complete Product" vs. 5clt?

Siorus

Limp Gawd
This is very likely an extremely stupid question, but... Newegg is apparently selling two different retail versions of Server 2k8 R2 Standard, and I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what the differences are between them.

Besides the OEM version, (which I'm figuring is normal OEM stuff; no CALs, you can't transfer the license to a new server later, etc) they have a retail (judging by the pic, at least) version they just labeled "Complete Product" and another version labeled "5clt" which also appears to be retail boxed and which, obviously enough, apparently comes with 5 CALs.

What's confusing me is that the 5 CAL version is $900, the "Complete Product" is $1300 and I can't see any difference between the two, except that the "Complete Product" page makes no mention whatsoever of it coming with any CALs at all-leaving me wondering what the extra $400 is for. Newegg is of no help here as they don't offer "sales support" so... Do any of you guys have some idea of what's going on here?

The complete likely comes with all versions of Server 2008, not just Standard. The version with 5 Cals says "Standard".

Standard
Foundation
Enterprise
Datacenter
Itanium

etc.

FWIW, it's listing as $1099.99 now :p

also, doing a search on the "model" P73-04755

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-Bit English 10-CAL

So it appears the "Complete Product" (P73-04755) comes with 10 CALs, whereas the other (P73-04754) only comes with 5 CALs.

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-Bit English 5-CAL

but both are the Standard edition.

the OEM appears to also come with 5 CALs.
Licence Quantity: 5 CALs (Client Access License), 1 Server (1-4 CPU)
Windows Server 2008 Standard R2 64-Bit with 5-CAL 1-4CPU *OEM 1-Pack*

Back