Newegg/Intel CPU question

The Cobra

2[H]4U
So I am building a new PC for some gaming and video editing. My current Threadripper system will be passed to my nephew, I am going back to Intel for a bit since I am currently priced out of the newest Threadrippers and actually don't need that many cores. I am looking at the Intel Core i9-10980xe for the CPU.

When I go to Newegg, I don't see ANY of the newest Core i9-10xxx series, only the older 9 series.

Anyone know why Newegg is not selling the newest series of the Intel CPUs?

Thank you.

I didn't think they were even out yet. I just saw the mobile stuff get announced but I think the desktop skus are still a little bit aways.

How much RAM are you going with? No need for TR4 or 2066 for 64GB or less, unless you nreed quad channel. AM4 should be plenty, X570 with gen4 PCIe NVMe drive would be better for video editing I suspect. Ryzen 9 is an insane deal right now.

Well B&H says ETA Jan 27th. Also don't buy from newegg they are horrible in the silicon lottery game. You will most likely get a dud! Wait for Best Buy selling it for 999.99 price match guarantee. If B&H gets it on the 27th then I bet Best Buy will as well.
Why would Newegg be any different for retail CPUs, they are boxed by the manufacturer, are they not? All my CPU and Mobos have come from the Egg for several builds, never an issue.

Why would Newegg be any different for retail CPUs, they are boxed by the manufacturer, are they not? All my CPU and Mobos have come from the Egg for several builds, never an issue.
They arent any different, some people are just superstitious. I know newegg is a former shell of what is used to be, but i still buy from there and dont have any issues. Just the other day i had ordered a new phone case, and the reseller sent me the wrong one. Newegg just refunded my money and told to to keep the cause for the inconveince. So i acutally made money buying from newegg because i sold that case they told me to keep.

My most recent platform upgrade was all ordered from Newegg at the end of 2018 and I had no issues. Just like Amazon make sure it's shipped and sold by Newegg. Newegg is still my go to for PC parts.

I keep checking on inventory for the new Core i9 10 series CPUs. No go...barren as a desert. I may just get a threadripper again.

The Cobra Check out ShopBLT. I just preordered my 10980XE from them ($999!) plus a board. No idea when it will arrive, but they at least receive stock and you join the waiting line. Added bonus, they only charge tax in CT and HI, which is surprising, as my state told the internet to pay up on sales tax, but I won't complain about the $150 in savings ;).

The Cobra Check out ShopBLT. I just preordered my 10980XE from them ($999!) plus a board. No idea when it will arrive, but they at least receive stock and you join the waiting line. Added bonus, they only charge tax in CT and HI, which is surprising, as my state told the internet to pay up on sales tax, but I won't complain about the $150 in savings ;).

I already called them, they have a backorder of 74 10980xe CPUs. The guy said he has no idea when they would be coming in...he said his money in the next three to six months because of the Intel shortages.

Attachments

• blr.JPG
    blr.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, I saw the long preorder list, but at the very least, I'm in line somewhere. I can cancel the order without penalty if I happen to come across a real live listing somewhere else. For the meantime, if 3-6 months is really what it's going to take, my current system is running strong and I can wait a little longer (goodness knows we've been hanging on for months already!), but it's a small shame since I have everything else for the system except board to arrive soon just sitting here.

Lol 'don't need many cores'
'orders 18 core intel vapourware space heater'

3950x would've been easier to get at this stage.

If you care to comment, please feel free to do so. If you have a smart ass comment to make, move along...

So I did our taxes this year, took advantage of my homestead exemption from the purchase of our house in Florida as perm residents and went a little bat-shit crazy on newegg. I know in my OP that I said I wanted to downsize in cores. Turns out I am doing some graphics work as a part time gig for a photographer friend. I didn't feel like waiting for Intel with their 3-6 month shortage.

I said what the fuck...

Attachments

• AMD.PNG
    AMD.PNG
    73.4 KB · Views: 0
Back