• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Newbie Headphone Query

kelim

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
461
What's a good $100-$150 set of headphones for surround sound gaming? Any thoughts/feedback on these?


Also, I've been looking through the "Post Your Headphones" thread, and I noticed that many people are hooking their headphones up to receivers or amps or something (?), rather than directly into the soundcard. Will I need one of those for high-quality headphones, or can I just hook them up directly to my X-Fi?
 
some cans work great without amps. From what I've read, most of the high end cans work well off sound cards, but a good amp will be an improvement.

Sennheiser makes good headphones. period. the 580s have a good reputation over at head-fi.org
 
HD580 are good music cans. IMO they need an amp to shine. Popular ones for gaming are
AT A500/900, senn hd555/595, beyer dt770. Do a search you find tons of posts on this.
 
Audio-Technica ATH-ES7! Beautiful! Very nice finish! Sound quality are promising!!!
 
Back
Top