Newb builder question

ss88

Weaksauce
Looking at mid-tower cases with a "basement" for PSU, it looks like the PSU intake fan faces the bottom? For the PSU I have, if I orient the fan to the floor, the exhaust vent faces the rear and the side the cables come out from points toward the front. Is that the way PSU's are designed to fit into these cases?

Looking at mid-tower cases with a "basement" for PSU, it looks like the PSU intake fan faces the bottom? For the PSU I have, if I orient the fan to the floor, the exhaust vent faces the rear and the side the cables come out from points toward the front. Is that the way PSU's are designed to fit into these cases?
Yes. Usually there will be holes near the PSU and Motherboard tray for routing the cables along the back side of the case, although some cases are too small or simply omit them to save money.

Reactions: ss88
like this

Just in case (heh ^_^): only let the psu intake face the bottom if the case also has an intake there (or otherwise allows for airflow to reach the psu's intake). Otherwise you must install the psu's intake face up.

Back