New V2000 units

jinu117

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, there were some tweaks I've been doing to this units to make it easier for my customers to use while making it look bit more attractive without causing me huge amount of work... (case modding really can take time unfortunately)
This unit will be for sale shortly after it has been completed and tested (it did pass leak test for last 48 hours so testing will be mostly on charge tune testing of unit which I prefer doing over couple days of span to make sure customer receives the unit as I intended it to work)
Couple of things...
1) PSU area on this one will just use stock mounting but you can still squeeze in Zippy 700W PSU (in case you didn't know as far as I know this is the largest psu in size for our use... about inch or two longer than OCZ 600W which is already larger than typical PSU))
2) There is middle wheel I added on the case to strengthen the case as compressor can be quite hefty.
This particular unit will be fitted in with froster LED controller.
I will post couple more pics tomorrow as I put electronic parts in and show you guys how I load test my units :)
This was probably longest rest i had thanks to the awful flu I had and had probably more time spent thought about improving current production line... :p
Type3Side1.JPG

Type3Side2.JPG

man i would sure love to get ahold of one of those bad boys!!! pm me on details on how much that costs.

jinu117 said:
Well, there were some tweaks I've been doing to this units to make it easier for my customers to use while making it look bit more attractive without causing me huge amount of work... (case modding really can take time unfortunately)
This unit will be for sale shortly after it has been completed and tested (it did pass leak test for last 48 hours so testing will be mostly on charge tune testing of unit which I prefer doing over couple days of span to make sure customer receives the unit as I intended it to work)
Couple of things...
1) PSU area on this one will just use stock mounting but you can still squeeze in Zippy 700W PSU (in case you didn't know as far as I know this is the largest psu in size for our use... about inch or two longer than OCZ 600W which is already larger than typical PSU))
2) There is middle wheel I added on the case to strengthen the case as compressor can be quite hefty.
This particular unit will be fitted in with froster LED controller.
I will post couple more pics tomorrow as I put electronic parts in and show you guys how I load test my units :)
This was probably longest rest i had thanks to the awful flu I had and had probably more time spent thought about improving current production line... :p

1. In inches, how much does the PC power supply protrude from the rear case surface?
2. Is there a typical wattage power supply that must be used?
3. Are the standard PC power supply wiring harness lengths adequate or must they be
lengthened for this application?
4. What are typical CPU idle/load temps for Prototype C with all panels installed?
5. What was room room temp and estimated CPU thermal load for noted temps and
method of measuement for the CPU temp?

I am interested in purchase when you have a final design with documented results.

Very nice work. Looks like a factory fabrication.

Argg, do ya really have to quote the pics when they're no more then a few posts back?

1: I dunno
2: The PSU has nothing directly to do with the cooling system, and the wattage of PSU used will/would be based on your system components...as always.
3: A "typical" PSU should be fine, as I understand it, the power supply mounting isn't happening any different then it would with the retail case...and the only way you should have issues is if you've got a generic PSU that came in some mini-mid tower case...I've got one and I swear the ATX is no longer then 10 inches. :p
4: Kind of a general question don't you think? I dunno what kind of temps he'll be running with whatever chip he tests with, but with the wide range of heat output in today's CPU's it's kinda hard to give a "general" cpu temp. Evap temps could improve due to modified airflow etc...but other then that Jinu will have to field ya on that one.
5: Dunno

DNA said:
1. In inches, how much does the PC power supply protrude from the rear case surface?
None on this model. Even Zippy 700W will fit in nicely.
DNA said:
2. Is there a typical wattage power supply that must be used?
As Cornelius mentioned it is to your desire really. Just any good quality PSU will do fine.
DNA said:
3. Are the standard PC power supply wiring harness lengths adequate or must they be lengthened for this application?
Most PSU should have long enough reach. It is standard fullzie case reach you need and if it can't do that... well... time to pull out extenders :p
DNA said:
4. What are typical CPU idle/load temps for Prototype C with all panels installed?
Now this is very hard questions. It shouldn't be any different than prototype B really as tuning, designs were basically same. The idle/load temp displayed through motherboard varies so much in each generation of cpu as well as different mobo even for same evaporator temperature. I tune my system optimized for actual heatload of 150W which equals heatload dump of FX 57 @ 1.85v or so, X2 @ 1.75v or so. Evap temperature under fully loaded condition as mentioned ranges from -38 to -43c depending on fan utilized and ambient temp obviously. I could give you really good window temp shots too which doesn't tell much unfortunately (have some -32c, some -45c, etc) as only condition that really matters is loaded temperature. To put it in perspective though this unit cools at least 10c cooler than vapo LS or mach II GT under above mentioned 150W heatload :)
DNA said:
5. What was room room temp and estimated CPU thermal load for noted temps and
method of measuement for the CPU temp?
Heh,... I think I explained above.

DNA said:
I am interested in purchase when you have a final design with documented results.

Very nice work. Looks like a factory fabrication.
Doubt I will ever get final design per say :) I don't plan to sit in laurel and stop waiting. There always will be improvement on the way :)

Well managed to put control unit in, finished wiring, triple evac system, than charged it. I will load test and tune it for 150W optimal temperature. right now it is undercharged as is :p
Figured some of you might be interested in seeing how accurate temp reading is as well as what LED controller looks like instead of LCD one. (remember that vapo LS and mach units are about 15-25c off from actual temperature of evaporator when used more accurate temp meter like one I am using... vapo or mach saying -50c you probably are getting -35 to -25 evap temp in actuality). Right now I am waiting for smoked plexiglass so I used whatever plexiglass I had and just tinted it... bleh...
More to come tomorrow but enjoy these in the mean time.
Front%20test.JPG

Frosty%20pic.JPG

cornelious0_0 said:
Argg, do ya really have to quote the pics when they're no more then a few posts back?

1: I dunno
2: The PSU has nothing directly to do with the cooling system, and the wattage of PSU used will/would be based on your system components...as always.
3: A "typical" PSU should be fine, as I understand it, the power supply mounting isn't happening any different then it would with the retail case...and the only way you should have issues is if you've got a generic PSU that came in some mini-mid tower case...I've got one and I swear the ATX is no longer then 10 inches. :p
4: Kind of a general question don't you think? I dunno what kind of temps he'll be running with whatever chip he tests with, but with the wide range of heat output in today's CPU's it's kinda hard to give a "general" cpu temp. Evap temps could improve due to modified airflow etc...but other then that Jinu will have to field ya on that one.
5: Dunno

dunno why your replying to questions directed to jinu117

DNA said:
dunno why your replying to questions directed to jinu117

Didn't mean anything by it, but some of them were straight forward enough, and I wanted to save him some time and maybe clear the air a bit if he was busy.

Man, that looks so nice. Great Job!

Just curious but what kinda temps do you think that thing could get down to fully charged? I might just have to drop this chilly1 unit and pick up one of these sexy units.

Props to a man who's been working his ass off to make one sweet peice of hardware.

Depending on load condition. Give me cpu and voltage and I can give you estimated loaded evap temp (UEI DT or Froster readout :p)

Well, I can attest to the quality of his work.

Here's a couple shots of my results on a similar cooler built by jinu117 for me (minus the lian li v2000 case but otherwise very similar).

fa0335d9.jpg

32M_24_16_dual.jpg

Has anyone seen DNA? I've finished unit up to his spec and haven't heard back from him through e-mail, PM, etc.

jinu117 said:
Has anyone seen DNA? I've finished unit up to his spec and haven't heard back from him through e-mail, PM, etc.

*eek*

No, I haven't...I hope you do though, all that work gone into such a beautiful unti...I'd hope he's around here to claim it.

cornelious0_0 said:
*eek*

No, I haven't...I hope you do though, all that work gone into such a beautiful unti...I'd hope he's around here to claim it.

It's all right. Just more time spent... been busy testing my latest evap anyway which turned out not too good. Spending time is name of game on this thing after all. Not going to trust I will buy until I receive payment from now on though. It just doesn't work with online buyer it seems. Time to put it back to the way I usually do which means quieter system :)

jinu117 said:
It's all right. Just more time spent... been busy testing my latest evap anyway which turned out not too good. Spending time is name of game on this thing after all. Not going to trust I will buy until I receive payment from now on though. It just doesn't work with online buyer it seems. Time to put it back to the way I usually do which means quieter system :)

Good for you man, hope things work out for you from now on...you deserve it.

Well big news is, I got 50 new condensers in that are designed for this use :) And 15 XE LCD controllers. Compressors are still on the way in :) Hopefully, I won't be needing this fancy desuperheater loop making system look cleaner with the new condenser. Been busy working on chiller builds and cascade build. Also, I have a project coming up where I am trying to break my current boundary of temperature i am getting (never rest in peace :p). It might require more expensive components and gases but if it is possible, I must try.

I'm strongly considering going phase change for my new computer build, and since I was going to V-2000 anyway, this seems like a really good option.

I know you said this would fit a Zippy 700W, but I was wondering if it would fit a PC P&C 1KW. I'm not sure how they compare in length, but I really want the 1KW because I'm a little insane ;)

Jinu, I should be getting a decent sized tax return back in a month or so, so if you could PM me with price and other details you might have a sale then.

Thanks

Wraith28k said:
I'm strongly considering going phase change for my new computer build, and since I was going to V-2000 anyway, this seems like a really good option.

I know you said this would fit a Zippy 700W, but I was wondering if it would fit a PC P&C 1KW. I'm not sure how they compare in length, but I really want the 1KW because I'm a little insane ;)

Jinu, I should be getting a decent sized tax return back in a month or so, so if you could PM me with price and other details you might have a sale then.

Thanks

I prefer not giving it too little space in front typically but PC&P 1kw can be accomodated upon special request. It is about 1/2" longer than Zippy 700W :p I will send you a pm tomorrow or in few days. Currently on "vacation" in big bear mountain resort.

All right bit of update since I've been absent on posting this... I was quite busy building on cascade and finishing up a customer unit.
Here is latest production one utilizing much better condenser. Froster XE is used (LCD phase change controller)
IMG_7745.JPG

IMG_7752.JPG

IMG_7760.JPG

IMG_7762.JPG

IMG_7767.JPG

IMG_7778.JPG

IMG_7781.JPG

IMG_7783.JPG

IMG_7788.JPG

jinu117 said:
All right bit of update since I've been absent on posting this... I was quite busy building on cascade and finishing up a customer unit.
Here is latest production one utilizing much better condenser. Froster XE is used (LCD phase change controller)

WOW !!! Beautiful work man !!!

D

It looks shiny and nice? lol, must help with capacity and allowing for lower rpm fans maybe? I'm sure Jin will answer =)

Weee said:
It looks shiny and nice? lol, must help with capacity and allowing for lower rpm fans maybe? I'm sure Jin will answer =)

That's more or less what I was thinking.

Man, if I wasn't so hell-bent right now on a Shuttle system one of these new V2000 units would be looking REALLY tempting. :p

Yes it does help with more capacity and no need for fancy desuperheater... makes system more optimally tuned over all. Condenser has about 33% more capacity than vapo one's or mach units one's :) Which can be utilized for even bigger compressor, if need arises, etc.

jinu117 said:
Yes it does help with more capacity and no need for fancy desuperheater... makes system more optimally tuned over all. Condenser has about 33% more capacity than vapo one's or mach units one's :) Which can be utilized for even bigger compressor, if need arises, etc.

Awsome...I'll realy have to keep this in mind if I ever do decide to setup something more "full boar"...as these V2000 units are getting more and more fine tuned, and harder to turn down. :)

If someone remembers prototype B (or 2)... that was what I was using for whole time. I finally got some time to reowrk on mine to production specification :p Better temp, bit cleaner now inside :p
IMG_7853.JPG

IMG_7856.JPG

IMG_7860.JPG

IMG_7861.JPG

You see what is installed and used 24x7 :p

Well jinu...I'm not sure what it is...but there's still quite a bit of wiring work needed there. Some work with the case itself (dremel work) would need to be done. There's still the potential there for a great wiring job, but I can understand if you didn't want to take the time to hack up a beauty of a case that is your V2000. :)

cornelious0_0 said:
Well jinu...I'm not sure what it is...but there's still quite a bit of wiring work needed there. Some work with the case itself (dremel work) would need to be done. There's still the potential there for a great wiring job, but I can understand if you didn't want to take the time to hack up a beauty of a case that is your V2000. :)
Actually wiring hole is there i hacked it already... I just didn't feel like spending the time when I am quite busy with other things :p Maybe in couple of month when enough dust is in there to dust up again I will but for time being lol... :) ProphetX can show his very clean wiring once his done with it.

jinu117 said:
Actually wiring hole is there i hacked it already... I just didn't feel like spending the time when I am quite busy with other things :p Maybe in couple of month when enough dust is in there to dust up again I will but for time being lol... :) ProphetX can show his very clean wiring once his done with it.

Yeah man, I used to have all the time in the world to spend wiring my system(s)...but I comPLETELY understand being busy as of late. Still a very nice build, and I wanna give you further congrats on the unit itself...nicely done.

Back