New to H2O

gpfreek

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 2, 2001
Messages
141
I am getting ready to put together my first foray into water cooling and had a few Q's. I want to use a kit that is allready put together. I understand I can get better performance from other "kits" but right now I thnk I am gonna go with Koolance mainly becasue of $$. But I do want to use a different CPU block. I am considering Danger Den. The block will be cooling and AMD 64 3400. Any opinions?
 
If you get a Koolance you should only use the Koolance blocks.

You'd probaly fry your CPU if you put a high performace block on it with a Koolance.
 
So it is either stick with ALL Koolance or ALL Danger Den? Well I went digging around this am and it seems if I buy a case from whoever I like I'll be getting the Danger Den stuff. It is a few (obviously subjective) $$ more, but a better product. I was considering hte Koolance only because it is allready put together. DD has the same product but I am not crazy about the case they put it in. Not that the Koolance was any better. I guess more research is in order.
 
Well the tax man cometh!! I just ordered a custom AMD kit from DD. I am stoked. BUT now I need a case. I would like it to be black but more than that it needs to be big enough. I am not sure now much room the cooling setup will take away from the case. I am looking at an ANtec SX1040BII. Following is my list that I will be ordering tonight. I will also be keeping the 2 HDD's I have allready.

Abit KV8-Max3
Athlon 64 3400
SAPPHIRE RADEON 9800 Pro
WD 250GB SATA HDD, 7200 RPM
Corsair XMS PC3200-512MB twin pack
Lite On 52x32x52 CDRW
Lite On 16X DVD
Creative Labs S.B. Audigy

What I just ordered........

Danger Den RBX Water Block
Z Chipset Water block
Maze 4 Black GPU
1/2 inch chrome fittings
Black Ice Extreme radiator
Eheim 1250
5 1/4 quad bay resovoir



:) :)
 
dont go with koolence, then when u wanna upgrade ur block or ur rad or ur pump, it will be a pain in the ass...serisously....just get ur own parts and make it!
 
Back
Top