New sound system

andrus

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 13, 2007
Messages
362
I really need to upgrade my sound stuff.. I'm using onboard with some half-broken old Logitech 2.1's and I really want a good source for my new MS-1 phones :). What do you think I should go for, a new 2.1 computer speaker system + sound card or a receiver + bookshelf speakers + sound card? My budgets about 200 but I would go higher if the receiver + speakers route is a lot better (would really like to save as much $$ as possible though, 16yo, new job, need $ for other stuff, you get the picture) and it'll mostly be used for music and some for games but not a priority (don't need eax5.0 or anything).

So yeah.. any recommendations for 2.1 systems, receivers, sound cards, speakers whatever would be awesome :D. I see a lot of people with Kilpsch ProMedia 2.1, are they any good? They look good money-wise for me.. And what about the lowest-end Auzentech (forget what it's called). I see people talking about the X-Meridian all the time but is that the only good one?
 
I'd say receiver + bookshelves would get you better quality, and set you up better in the long run if you want to add on.

And you can just use your Optical or SP/DIF out on your onboard sound, if it's avaliable, and hook it up to your receiver, I think.

I'm an audio noob, but that's the way I think I would go.

As far as computer speakers go, I have the Klipschs and they blow the Logitechs out of the water.
 
Back
Top