• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New Raptor Freezing

misterE

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
153
ok, so i bought a wd raptor 74gb for my system, when i installed it, started windows format, thing formats beautifully, windows setup continues...and then about halfway through just freezes. so i restart it and muscle through it after 5 or 6 reboots. I finally get to windows, and the damn thing is labelled F:, lol. It was the only hd in my system. No big deal, i rma'd it and bought another one in the meantime to get back on track. I installed the other one tonight and it does the same damn thing ?!? I've tried different power supplies, so I know that isn't it. I'll try a new sata cable in the morning, even tho the one i'm using has been working fine on other drives. The only thing i can think of is a controller/mobo incompatibility. I flashed to the latest bios, but that didn't help either.

System Specs:
x2 3800+
Abit A8N-Ultra
2gb Mushkin Hi Perf
msi 7800gtx
sb audigy2 zs
lite-on dvd-rw
seasonic s12 600w

I have absolutely zero trouble with my other wd drive (80gb sata).
 
Back
Top