• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

New led monitors from EIZO.

sblantipodi

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
3,805
As title.
On EIZO's facebook page they presented some led monitors,
I don't know if they are CG series but they not seems gaming monitor.

Is this the right time to get an RGB led from EIZO?
 
Interesting. If you go to the eizo.co.jp website you can see a graphic for "Smart monitor unveiled 06.14". This probably refers to the built-in calibration sensor seen before in CG models. These will probably be SX at minimum.
 
Interesting. If you go to the eizo.co.jp website you can see a graphic for "Smart monitor unveiled 06.14". This probably refers to the built-in calibration sensor seen before in CG models. These will probably be SX at minimum.

The LED backlit is what I'm interested in.
I never been interested in the led monitors but if EIZO is seeing in that direction probably
they have a reason to do it.
 
The LED backlit is what I'm interested in.
I never been interested in the led monitors but if EIZO is seeing in that direction probably
they have a reason to do it.

Yeah, the LED backlight is the most interesting part, but it bears too much speculation to really discuss. I feel like I doubt they would be RGB-LED because of the efficiency and cost. If they intend to maintain a minimum colour gamut for pre-press, perhaps a wider gamut W-LED is being used. '82%' W-LED is already available, so maybe further improvements have been made.

Edit - In the original picture of the 24" monitor displaying a calibration report, the title is "ColorEdge C(?)24000---"
 
Last edited:
Yeah, the LED backlight is the most interesting part, but it bears too much speculation to really discuss. I feel like I doubt they would be RGB-LED because of the efficiency and cost. If they intend to maintain a minimum colour gamut for pre-press, perhaps a wider gamut W-LED is being used. '82%' W-LED is already available, so maybe further improvements have been made.

really impatient to see what Eizo have to offer.
 
Back
Top