New headset...volume too low.

Parker

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 18, 2006
Messages
418
Purchased the Koss SB40 and am using for gaming. Problem is that no one can hear me. I turned volume up all the way in the taskbar and even the microphone volume in taskbar. I used windows sound recorder to test it out and when I play it back, it's still quiet. I'm speaking in a loud voice and can barely hear it. Any ideas?
 
Apparently the mic on the SB40 is a YMMV thing. You'll notice that spaceman and several others say the mic is utter crap, whereas mine is perfectly fine. I've even had people complain that it was too loud. Luck of the draw I guess <shrugs>
 
I also purchased a zalman mic. I've since tried both and still low volume.
 
I'm using SB40 with Zalman on my Realtek is fine on my Dell laptop

I'm actually have a good time with them, just bought them today.
The mic on the SB40 wasn't awful for me, but the Zalman was perfect, so I opted for perfect :) Now I just have to take out the mic wire and thread the Zalman straight into the wiring.
 
Back
Top