• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Head Phones

Mike Hawk

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Sep 29, 2008
Messages
147
Hey guys im looking to get some new headphones that block out noise but are not too expensive prolly 100 max.

Can you guys recommend some brands cause I have no idea who makes a good headphone

Currently Ive been looking at some of these

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHN95...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260299683&sr=8-16

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260299824&sr=1-13

http://www.amazon.com/Planet-True-F...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260299939&sr=1-59

and reply's is much appreciated
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
No headphones block out noise better than in-ear monitors, like Shure and Etymotic. They aren't for everyone, though.

I just recently bought a set of Klipsch S4's but I will return them, because of the horribly bloated midbass and recessed highs. I think my Sennheiser PX100s sound better.
 
As the previous poster stated, IEM is the way to go if block out sound is a priority. Not to mention, IEM's can have great sound at a lower price than compareable full sized headphones.

For the range you're looking at, you may look at these:
http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=38

Review from Head-fi
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/review-head-direct-re0-new-contender-best-iem-383355/

Head-fi is the place to go when it comes to headphones and such, but I will warn you that reading that site will make you want to spend more money. Not that it's a bad thing, but you have been warned.

If you do venture over there I'll say it now, sorry for your wallet.

PS: My head-fi adventures took me from Ultimate Ear Super.fi Pro 5's --> Sleek Audio SA6 --> Sennheiser IE8's.
Is still own all of them, and I can tell you they were a MASSIVE increase in sound quality to anything I had tried in the sub $100 range. IE8's are perfect for me once fully burned in. I also own a pair of Audio Technica A900's which are very good as well. They are full sized headphones, but don't block out nearly as much sound as my IEM's.
 
Might help to be more specific about the noise. NCs, IEMs, and isolating circums are all good noise solutions...but are appropriate in different conditions.
 
Back
Top